Thread: foxpro spitfire

Default foxpro spitfire

Anyone out there use the Foxpro spitfire? Curious how loud it is and wether you would recoment it. Its the lower priced of the foxpro calls but not wanting to spend that much money I cetainly dont want to buy one thats a waste of money either.
    Thanks

Check out some of the other threads, It seems to work just fine. (my first ever predator) this thread talks about that call
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

its worked well for me. though i think im going to by a external speaker for extra volume its not really neccesary. i just want to get the noise a little farther out there. as for the calls sounds, most all of them work well for me. i personaly think its a great buy.

Went ahead and ordered the spitfire and one of the mojo decoys. Im pretty new to the predator hunting but in the last 2 years I have watched my friend pick up a few black bears, coyotes, and a wolf down here on the KP so im ganna put in some time this winter and see what i can do. I have some vacation time coming up in december and was thinking of hitting the road up north of anchorage for a try as well. If there is anyone in that area interested in teaming up and doesnt mind a newbie tagging along for some schooling I would be up for it. Send a pm if your interested.

thats the same setup I run. You will get super frustrated with your mojo you should save yourself the headache and make a little stand for it the steak will NOT go into frozen ground. and if you try to force it while it is attached the mojo will break. Trust me I know lol. Finally I welded up a little stand for it so it will just sit on top of the ground instead of trying to poke it in.

Yeah I already planned the stand idea after reading reviews on it not sticking in the frozen ground should be pretty simple to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    thats the same setup I run. You will get super frustrated with your mojo you should save yourself the headache and make a little stand for it the steak will NOT go into frozen ground. and if you try to force it while it is attached the mojo will break. Trust me I know lol. Finally I welded up a little stand for it so it will just sit on top of the ground instead of trying to poke it in.
    I simply screwed two thicknesses of 3/4 inch plywood together. The bottom piece (base) is about 6" x 10" and the top piece is 4"x4". I drilled a hole through both and chiseled it square to accept the stake tube. It works great! I also made a "t" hole in it to accept my coyote decoy.
    PC gag in place.

How does the Mojo woodpecker decoy work? What is it about a woodpecker that brings in predators?

The mojo woodpecker decoy has one wing that spins. One side of the wing is painted black, the other white. It creates a visual attractant. I think its the motion of the decoy, not the species that attracts predators. It comes with a 12 inch long, by 3/4 inch square metal tube and a screw-in spike to stand it up, for it won't work in our frozen ground. I made a plywood base to stand it up, and it also comes with an eyelet on the back of the head. Tie on some fishing line so the decoy can be hung from a branch. I actually prefer it this way because the spinning wing will cause the whole decoy to rotate freely for more realism. It will bring in magpies and ravens by the dozens which also add realism. It runs on 4 AA batteries. I use rechargable ones to save money. Hope this helps.
    PC gag in place.