Thread: Found a Dog For Sale

North Pole

Default Found a Dog For Sale

Found a Dog For Sale

So I was driving around the back woods out near Salcha and saw a sign in front of a broken down shanty-cabin: 'Talking Dog For Sale '

Curious, I stopped in --- the owner came out, beer in hand, and told me the dog was in the backyard.

When I walked back, I saw a nice looking yellow lab sitting there.

Naturally, I crouched and rubbed the pup’s head – and thinking of the sign, I amusingly asked the pup, 'You talk, huh?'

Shockingly, the yellow dog replied a mumbled but understandable - 'Yep.'

Still not sure what I just heard – I just discounted it. I looked around but the owner still hadn’t joined me yet. Just talking to myself really, and still rubbing his head, I said out loud, 'So, what's your story buddy? Why is this guy selling you?'

The Lab looked me in the eyes and then did the most amazing thing. He began to talk as I fell back on my rear-end in disbelief.

He said, 'Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA. In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one of their most valuable spies for nearly 10 years. But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down here.'

'Then I signed up for a job at the airport in Fairbanks, to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals.'

'I got married recently, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired.'

Needless to say I was thoroughly amazed. I fought the urge to immediately start making phone calls to family and friends for the moment. I swallowed down my disbelief and steadied myself - trying to calm myself for the negotiation of this sale.

I went back around front where the owner was digging in the back of his pick-up truck. As nonchalantly as I could, I asked what he wanted for the old dog.

'How’s 50 dollars?' the guy asked.

Then I lost it – I couldn’t help it – I replied, 'Fifty dollars?! Your dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?'

'Because he's a liar!! He never did any of that s**t!!'

LOL. Nice! This forum need things like this to lighten the mood eery now and then!

LOL good one!

Anchorage, Alaska

Thats a good one thanks!

Very good!