Thread: E caller sound line up and calling questions

Default E caller sound line up and calling questions

Hi all. Well I have a fx3 that I am itching to call some critters in on. My factory sounds are lost due to my goof so I am wondering what sounds work best for you all? This will be my second winter here and can't wait to start calling. Is a sled really needed or are there plenty of acessable areas for hunting with out one. I have hunted yotes in Montana but from what I have read calling up here is a different ballgame. If there are any seasoned callers looking for a fellow outdoorsman to help call ect I would love to help out or will take any pointers. 22-250 or 223 are my guns I use mostly. I read on here that the v max tears stuff up. Anyone use them? If so is that true? My 223 loves 60 gr v max.

Thanks,

Monthunter

Sorry to hear about your lost sounds. Can you recover them? Here is a good web site that has free MP3 calls. http://varmintal.com/ahunt.htm You should be able to load them in your FX3. I use scorpion with and extra speaker. I've called a few coyotes in with howling sounds, but since there are lynx and foxes in the same area I primarily use rabbit sounds and bird sounds. I hunt with a CZ .204 Ruger with Federal Premium 39 grain Blitzking bullets. The fur damage has been minimal. good luck.
    PC gag in place.

+1 on hare sounds with so many different types of predators you want to start with something that all of them like I only use howls if I hear them first or have spotted a yote and know for a fact they are in the area if not it may scare the other critters off. I also use a crow distress with decent results.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Sportsman View Post
    Sorry to hear about your lost sounds. Can you recover them? Here is a good web site that has free MP3 calls. http://varmintal.com/ahunt.htm You should be able to load them in your FX3. I use scorpion with and extra speaker. I've called a few coyotes in with howling sounds, but since there are lynx and foxes in the same area I primarily use rabbit sounds and bird sounds. I hunt with a CZ .204 Ruger with Federal Premium 39 grain Blitzking bullets. The fur damage has been minimal. good luck.
    Cool thanks for that link I forgot about that site. I wish I could get them back but it is a no go. I will just download the ones from that site and try them. I also like to use bird and hare/rabbit sounds.. They have been very effective for me in the past.

How do you like your scorpion?

BSJ425 you have much luck with the howls? I never got them to work well with me even if I did see the yotes out there.

I like the scorpion I have now. The first one I bought did not work well, but Foxpro stood behind their product and replaced it. I bought a plug in PA horn from Radio Shack to double my sound output. I would strongly recommend buying a Mojo woodpecker decoy. It really hold the critters' attention. If you get one, tie some fishing like on the eyelet so you can hang it from a tree branch should you choose. It runs on AA batteries so I bought some rechargeable ones to save money. As for the lost calls, PM me for some advice.
    PC gag in place.

Monthunter-Did you call Foxpro? This happened once with my Scorpion. I called them from the field and had my sounds back in about 10 minutes.

The only howls I have had luck with was the challenge howl

first thing I would do is contact foxpro and tell them what you did. They may make it right even if it is all your fault.

Good advice even though woundedknee already said that
    Henry Bowman for President

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
    Good advice even though woundedknee already said that
    hmmm, I am usually pretty good at reading all the way through a post but I use a slow internet connection so I scroll through the "whats new" menu and open up everything that looks interesting in new tabs then work my way through the open windows over the course of an hour or more. Occasionally people post between the time I open the thread and when I read/respond an hour or so later. Or I just failed to read that rather obvious post.... <grin> Either way I am curious what they have to say. Those sounds are spendy and I wouldn't want to lose any even if I never used them. You never know what the future holds, you may be down hunting coyote in Alabama one day and need that opossum in distress call.