Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anchorage Fall DU Event

Default Anchorage Fall DU Event

The event will be next Saturday, the 13th. I think we have 40 guns and quite a bit of other stuff, including 5 hunting trips I can think of right off the top of my head and I think there are actually a few more (Argentina doves, South Dakota pheasants and waterfowl if you're drawn, and Cold Bay waterfowl to name a few, don't want to spoil all of them). Early bird specials and our pre-event raffle for a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 in .223/5.56 NATO aren't listed on the website, but feel free to contact either of the people listed on the site or shoot me a PM if you need more information about anything.

http://www.ducks.org/alaska/events/2...e-fall-banquet

Sounds like a winner to me, I'll see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by B&C 04 View Post
    Sounds like a winner to me, I'll see you there.
    Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to it. It should be a good time for sure.

I went to the committee meeting on Thursday night. This is gonna be better than expected! We have a raffle at the event that guarantees you win a gun AND puts you in another raffle for Wild West's custom 45/70 which has been bumped up to .457 Mag. It's the takedown model where the barrel and forearm unscrew from the receiver and end up small enough to carry in a hard-sided case the size of a small toolbox. I was looking at one a few weeks ago and they cost $2,500 in the store. (One of several $1,000+ guns we'll have available) We'll now be auctioning off a puppy, among numerous other things. If you're having a hard time convincing the wife or girlfriend, let her know we're also having a Ladies' Raffle which has stuff especially for ladies. And last but certainly not least, we added more guns!!

Sounds like it will be a good one. How to get tickets?? Phone #??

Click on the link in the first post and you can purchase on the internet. $70 for person or $110 for couple and so on... It sounds like a good deal for a good cause and alot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Paw Jack View Post
    Sounds like it will be a good one. How to get tickets?? Phone #??

That link in the first post should take you to a page to purchase tickets. There are some phone numbers on that page as well. If you can't get it to work or have further questions, shoot me a PM and I'll take care of you.

I have some Pre-Event tickets left as well Marlin, if you can't make it out. I enjoyed the ER event tonight. Another great time!

I'll give you a hollar, I definately want some pre-event raffle tickets. What's on your pre-event raffle and how much? If Corey goes I may tag along. I'm feeling lucky, I won a rifle last night. Or, that may mean I've used up all my luck, not sure which.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Paw Jack View Post
    I'll give you a hollar, I definately want some pre-event raffle tickets. What's on your pre-event raffle and how much? If Corey goes I may tag along. I'm feeling lucky, I won a rifle last night. Or, that may mean I've used up all my luck, not sure which.
    I'm gonna call Corey this week. You guys owe me after spending $2,000 at the spring stuff. Gimme a call about the BBQ when you get a chance. Maybe we'll see you saturday night. We have a S&W M&P 15 in .223 for $20 for 1 and $50 for 3 for the pre-event. We're only selling 300, BUT we've only sold about 80 so odds are much, much better!!

Tickets are selling quickly. If you want some, PM me. I'm not sure how many are left, but it looks like we'll sell out before the event.

...just wish they would wait until hunting is done

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    ...just wish they would wait until hunting is done

Check the sunrise/sunset table, we did!!

I don't understand, what are those?

If you are looking for something to do tomorrow night come on down to the Marriot hotel. Sounds like a good time will be had by all.
    call 704-244-1235 for information.

Doors open at 5:30

Had a great time at the event. Food was great and seemed like everyone had a great time. Hats off to Boomer (DucksAndDogs) and the rest of the group that coordinated the event. Look forward to the Spring BBQ.

Does it work better to have the banquet after duck season is effectively over (frozen marshes)? I'm just wondering why the banquet isn't held in August (everyone's still out fishing?). You have to wait a whole year to use what you won!

Erich

I have officially donated more money to DU than any other organization on earth. I do have to say the food was good the raffles would have been better had I won something but great time and I'm looking forward to the spring BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    I have officially donated more money to DU than any other organization on earth. I do have to say the food was good the raffles would have been better had I won something but great time and I'm looking forward to the spring BBQ.
    I know a "guy" that might come off a trunk box for the right price..

Hey, I do not understand the comment about waiting until next year to use what you won.
    Kodiak is open until Jan.21 and you can always travel south. We go to texas in Jan to hunt gesse. Just think outside the box. Follow the birds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast