Thread: Dean Wilson Sr. Passes

Default Dean Wilson Sr. Passes

Dean Wilson Sr. Passed away this week. He was in many ways kind of like another dad or uncle for me. He used to take me hunting when I was 10 or 11 years old. Dean supported my family the first year we came to Alaska. We were living on beans and salt pork and he showed a great deal of generosity by giving our family a moose quarter. He taught my brother and I how to set fox cubby sets and probably taught more people about trapping than the majority of people I know. I met my wife at his moose camp.

He was always kind and strong even when his parkinson's caused problems.

I know that he is hunting moose and trapping wolves and lynx in that great trapping country beyond.

http://www.newsminer.com/view/full_s...tance=outdoors

Sincerely,
    Thomas

God Bless Him.

He's going to be missed a lot of trapper wouldn't be out there now if it weren't for Dean.
    Chuck

Sorry to hear about Dean's passing. He bought furs from me back in the late 70's early 80's when he was at the Klondike. I'm sure he will be missed by many. My regards to his family.
    "All bureaucracies are the same. They drain the life out of the truly creative people and develop mindless paperpushers as their critical mass."

"You are a den of Vipers.I intend to rout you out and by the Eternal God I will rout you out.If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system there would be a revolution before morning"--Andrew Jackson 1828

I grew up across the street from deans house, and i will never forget how he always had time to tell a quick story or answer my sometimes stupid questions about hunting and trapping. he was a great man, and will never be forgotten!
    They say its unsafe to own a gun, I say its unsafe to have only one!!!

Dean is in a better place now....thanks for everything Dean

Supporting Member

Family, friends and the trapping community as a whole lost another great one and yet I know Dean will be "blazing trail" for the rest of us to follow later.
    In lieu of flowers, the Alaska Frontier Trappers Association decided to donate $100 in Dean's memory to the ATA's "Dean Wilson Scholarship Fund". May God rest his soul and our condolences to his family.