Thread: Last Ditch.

Default Last Ditch.

My buddy and I went up in search of our Bou last weekend, we started our hunt around the Lake Louise area. Not much aroud there so we went farther north in search of a nice bull and a meat animal. I love hunting buddies with the notion that they are going to shoot the first leagle thing that pops up. Any way ended up on the Swede Lake trail, met some nice folks up there with some good advice and a few good stories. The best was the Camo Ninga smacking the big Bull right in front of a group of hunters. We hunted most of Saturday with a few sightings but no rael opertunities. Around 1:00 we headed into Paxon for some more fuel, and hit the trail again. Getting back on the trail we found that a heard had ran right down the trail and a few got picked off out of that band. Just cruzing along we made it all the way to the Alphabet Hills. Not much in the way of Bou so we headed back slow checking out every nook in the trail as we went. Only spoted one lone cow in a hurry to get away from us. Stopped at Westons lookout for a few minuets and then headed for the truck. Not far from there the action began, My Buddy dropped a cow standing in the little valley and before we could regroup the rest of the heard came threw with the heard bull in the front of the pack. It was a quartering away shot right in the front shoulder. It was a good blood trail for the first MILE then it petered out, as dark as the inside of a cow, and the LED light not to bright past the 15 yard mark we pressed on, we found him standing head down and legs spread not moving 2.3 miles up the mountain. a finishing shot in the neck and the real work began. We dumped the paunch and chopped the legs off and strated the drag down the hill. What good friends I have, we made it back to the truck by 10:00 and on the road by 11:00.
    Now My Daughter is mad, How come you didnt take me to were the big Caribou are.
    I have a felling she is going with on the next one.

Nice, way to get it done. no pics??

Nice Bou! Looks like you had fun.

man, he is heavy congrats thanks for the story and pics