Thread: Delta Clearwater Video

Default Delta Clearwater Video

Got back from USMC Mountain Warfare School (awesome) just in time to catch some silvers on Delta Clearwater. Tradbow, Starky and Mrs. EOD all had a blast. Starky and Tradbow say they caught roughly 100 fish on day one and we joined in for a few hours on day two for another 50 or so...stupid fun!

Decided to throw together a video this time...been doing it for years with my deployment videos so I figured what the heck...

Got back from Afghanistan in March and I'm about to step for another deployment so 2010 was really cut short for me. I'll build a complete 2010 summer roll-up video during my downtime and if I have connectivity where I'm going I'll try and upload it...maybe deep in the heart of winter to keep our heads in the game!

Good news...I'll be back for kings next year.

http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...1e1246da0955bd
    "Live that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Show respect to all and grovel to none. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

its a spermy job but someones gota do it, cool vid

Great video!!!
    I love the under water hit scene.

Thanks! Been thinking about mounting a tripod coupling-type device in a cradle and then putting it on a stick or something...that would give me a lot more freedom to manuever the camera underwater.

It definitely made for some cold ***** hands on the Clearwater but wasn't so bad on the Salcha or Chena in July, lol...

Tradbow told me about a particularly aggressive fish and I got lucky with that shot...I was pretty much guessing with the angle. It was neat to see and we all marveled at how aggressive those bright red fish could be.
    "Live that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Show respect to all and grovel to none. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

awesome vid man! Thanks for shoving your hand in the water all day Good times.

Lookn forward to next year.

what kind of cam do you guys use i would think the lense would ice.

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    awesome vid man! Thanks for shoving your hand in the water all day Good times.

Lookn forward to next year.
    Exactly what I was thinking...Sweet Vid man! That **** water is cold when it's 80 degrees and sunny out, I can't imagine having my hand in there to take video. I've fished my fair share of Clearwater Silvers and I've always come out of there as a block of ice. Awesome Video!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

The camera I used is a Kodak Playsport HD. It's relatively cheap because it's short on features. Got it at the Elmendorf AFB BX this summer.

Pros: Excellent HD video...very impressed here for what it is. Very easy to use since there aren't that many features. No moving lens pieces to freeze up. It does fog up a little bit when it's below freezing, but not on the inside, thank God. Didn't fog up once this summer. It handles abuse well.

Cons: Still pictures are limited to 5 megapixels on the model I have. Hardly any still photo features/settings... it's not as easy to get good photos as with other cameras. Video output format is not compatible with Windows Movie Maker on Vista/XP...but it is compatible with Windows 7 Movie Maker.

Big thanks to Tradbow for showing us around the river...caught more Clearwater fish in four hours than I had previously in a combined lifetime effort while shorebound. Next year for sure!

definatly next year man! lookn forward to it.

Hey did you get my txt? not sure where I sent it...got more idears for video 'stuff's'. If we dont chat before you skip town.....be safe man!

AF EOD
    Was the Pickle bunker still there, did a winter package in 87