Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Best road accessible pike lake

  1. #1
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,790

    Default Best road accessible pike lake

    Not asking for any secrets, but would like to take a trip north to the interior for pike through the ice, and I need some general direction. Chatanika River? Manley?
    Could bring a snow machine or two.
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Premium Member kasilofchrisn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central Kenai Peninsula
    Posts
    4,887

    Default

    Sayak if you need a fishing partner I just bought a new snowmachine this year and would love to test it and my other pike fishing gear in one of these places.
    I love pike fishing and ADF&G has done us no favors on the pike fishing front here on the Peninsula.
    (For the record I do not support pike in southcentral just that it would be nice to have a few public lakes that they did not net the crap out of every couple of years.)
    So someone please help Sayak out on finding some pike and maybe he will let me tag along.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

    "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

  3. #3
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    PM sent to Sayak.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  4. #4
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    PM sent to Sayak.
    Hey no secrets in this open forum! ;wink

    Does Deadman Lake near Tok still have good pike in it? I remember in the early 80's me and my dad absolutely slaughtered them there. All huge fish, we couldn't keep em off.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Hey no secrets in this open forum! ;wink

    Does Deadman Lake near Tok still have good pike in it? I remember in the early 80's me and my dad absolutely slaughtered them there. All huge fish, we couldn't keep em off.
    Nope. Quite actually ADF&G uses the lake now for it's Poster Child of what can happen to a Pike Lake that gets over saturated. It is nothing but hammerhandles now.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •