Thread: North River Seahawk or Commander

Default North River Seahawk or Commander

We're looking for some feedback on whether to bring up a 22-24' North River Seahawk or Commander with an inboard diesel jet as our first boat as a new dealer. The Seahawk sports an 18/42 degree deadrise and should ride great when the weather turns rough if out in PWS yet would still allow relatively shallow running in rivers. The commander is the standard 12 degree deadrise. We believe the Seahawk would be the most versatile but I'd like to hear what others think. You can check out the Seahawk at http://northriverboats.com/boatmodel...wkinboard.html

The model we choose may or may not be here in time for the Anchorage Boat show but will be here for most of the state sportsman shows and available at AK Frontier Fabrication.
    Attached are a couple of pictures of the hull design of the seahawk.....would attach more but the system seems to only allow two.

Let's hear your preference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where are you bringing it up to?

IMO if you are bringing up an inboard jet, it is better suited in the commander, but the inboard jet market is somewhat saturated in south-central Ak. On top of that the fishing in the areas these boats are used in has been bad for several years now, so that means inboard jet boats are not flying off the shelf in these areas.

I am seeing a new push for saltwater boats, but again IMO, not much of a market for inboard jet salt boats.

Maybe someone with more info will chime in, but that's my thinking on your question.

Where will your new dealership be? For obvious reasons I like to know.

Where are you bringing it up to?

I am seeing a new push for saltwater boats, but again IMO, not much of a market for inboard jet salt boats.

Maybe someone with more info will chime in, but that's my thinking on your question.
    NR21, Did you check out the Seahawk? This boat does have the deadrise suited for saltwater and with the hamilton 212 it would be suited for both application, saltwater and river running. We could go with I/O on this same boat or possibly the OS models if someone strictly wanted a saltwater/lake boat. The FNM Diesels in a new application can use either the hamilton or mercruiser Bravo, I,II,III. We're currently working on a 30'x9'6" NR/Almar Sounder with Twin HPEP250s w/ Bravo II. Planning to drive her up the inside passage to Valdez.

Where will your new dealership be? For obvious reasons I like to know.
    Alaska Frontier Fabrication in Wasilla will be the retail outlet and service center. At this point we will only market new diesel Phantoms and NR boats or repowers.