Thread: Prop repair?

Question Prop repair?

My duoprops had a run in with the anchor chain earlier this season. Not alot of damage, but did tear a couple of small chunks from edge of blade, and bent the edges somewhat.
    I am looking for a shop to repair them. Anyone done any business with A-1 Propeller in Anchorage? Any other suggestions out there. Any advice or info would be appreciated.

A1 has rebuilt several for me over the year (aluminum) and they look/perform like new. I'd go back to them any time.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

A-1 has always done right to me.
    He set me up with the correct prop for my boat a coouple years ago.
    He also told me that as long as you cannot hang your prop on your finger by the bent curl area he can fix it.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Gary,
    If you decide to go new like we talked about check these out, not a bad price for a new set.
    VOLVO DUO-PROPS SETS A3 thru A7, B3 thru B6 NEW

Buy It Now$489.00Listed:Jul-27 10:18

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by Gary W. View Post
    My duoprops had a run in with the anchor chain earlier this season. Not alot of damage, but did tear a couple of small chunks from edge of blade, and bent the edges somewhat.
    I am looking for a shop to repair them. Anyone done any business with A-1 Propeller in Anchorage? Any other suggestions out there. Any advice or info would be appreciated.
    Check out AK Frontier Fabrication in Wasilla, 357-9323, they specialize in prop and propeller repair.

Will be taking props into A-1 Saturday. Thanks for the good info. And Potbuilder...if you see this...thanks for looking up the duoprop set for me. Looks like a great deal, but I already have a new (or reconditioned) set as spares, and hopefully this repair job will save me a couple of C-notes

Quote Originally Posted by Gary W. View Post
    Will be taking props into A-1 Saturday. Thanks for the good info. And Potbuilder...if you see this...thanks for looking up the duoprop set for me. Looks like a great deal, but I already have a new (or reconditioned) set as spares, and hopefully this repair job will save me a couple of C-notes
    Your welcome Gary now save those C notes and put them toward a set of stainless props.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Red face

I have sent several props to Soulderblooms outside. I think it was $100 for a stainless steel rebuild. You could Google them, because I forgot where they are located.

Smile A-1 Prop repair service.

Wanted to thank all parties that responded with advice concerning repairing my duoprops. Took them into A-1 and Mike stated a firm price and said no problem.
    Two weeks later they called and said they were done. Price was exactly what they quoted me.Also included that was never mentioned in the original bid was a paint job for the props.
    They look good as new, and now I am saving my saved c-notes for a set of stainless props (as recommended by Potbuilder) somewhere down the road.
    I would go back for repeat business to A-1 Propeller Repair anytime. They treated me real good.
    Thanks again for the feedback guys.

That new paint job always makes them look great!!! but its what was done under it that counts.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Roger that Steve!! Will find out how good they did in the latter part of April. (If that ever gets here)

You'll be fine Gary, they always did a good job on my beat up props but i haven't had any prop work done since i switched to stainless(knock on wood !!).

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692