Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ignore Feature

Default Ignore Feature

How do I enable the iggy feature on the people that want to see harm come to me and my livelihood? You moderators already know I can't control my mouth and what comes out of it when I'm under attack so tell me how to ignore these peoples. I would rather gracefully walk away from this site than be banned, however I really enjoy the most of the members here and it's hard for me to quit coming here especially w/ the onset of winter.

fb,
    I am going out on a limb here and assuming you are directing your angst at my thread in the Fisheries Management Forum. For what it is worth, it is not directed at individuals. It is directed at the INDUSTRY. Rest assured that YOU as an individual are not "under attack" by me, anyway, so don't take it personal. It is with the Commercial Fishing Industry and artificial markets that have been created, that cannot be sustained, by way of clear and convincing evidence. History tells us that the industry has suffered booms and busts, regularly. Logically, one could argue that the industry has exceeded it's ability to sustain itself and it's dependant resources, without doing irreparable harm to fish stocks and the marine ecosystem.
    Agree, winter is upon us and time to air our thoughts, even if they differ.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Top of page, "Settings" then left side of the page you will find "edit ignore list" just add them to the list and you are all set.

If you ingnore a user, you are the only one who will not be able to see their posts.

Everyone else will still be able to see, and respond. I would prefer to know what has being posted and then choose to respond or not.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    How do I enable the iggy feature on the people that want to see harm come to me and my livelihood? You moderators already know I can't control my mouth and what comes out of it when I'm under attack so tell me how to ignore these peoples. I would rather gracefully walk away from this site than be banned, however I really enjoy the most of the members here and it's hard for me to quit coming here especially w/ the onset of winter.
    But your doing so well... so far i have only seen 3 or 4 clearly objective posts by you on this subject......
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Top of page, "Settings" then left side of the page you will find "edit ignore list" just add them to the list and you are all set.
    Thanx bud
    Quote Originally Posted by northriver21 View Post
    If you ingnore a user, you are the only one who will not be able to see their posts.

Everyone else will still be able to see, and respond. I would prefer to know what has being posted and then choose to respond or not.
    You have a point northriver. The only reason i would choose the iggy feature is to preserve my health and well being by not starting off the morning stressed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    But your doing so well... so far i have only seen 3 or 4 clearly objective posts by you on this subject......
    I'm not picking up what your putting down Vincenzo. What do you mean clearly objective posts? I'm pretty sure I've never talked about the subject of the ignore feature. FYI I already have 2 flame warnings and 1 full blown flame violation that cost me some points and put my membership in jeopardy. Thats what I'm talkin about.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I'm not picking up what your putting down Vincenzo. What do you mean clearly objective posts? I'm pretty sure I've never talked about the subject of the ignore feature. FYI I already have 2 flame warnings and 1 full blown flame violation that cost me some points and put my membership in jeopardy. Thats what I'm talkin about.
    yep thems the ones i am talking about.... Clearly OBJECTIVE.... LOL
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default warnings, violations, and ignore, oh my!

FYI I already have 2 flame warnings and 1 full blown flame violation that cost me some points and put my membership in jeopardy. Thats what I'm talkin about.
    You are a bad boy, aren't you????

Hey, I'm looking forward to meeting you finally, about 4 weeks from now at the first ever FA meeting (Forum Anonymous, where you can find a support group to help with your forum afflictions). Still on schedule, to held in the Valley between Palmer and Wasilla, but I have a couple more things to iron out before its set in stone and I post the details. So far, its shaping up to be a good one. That evening we might want to add up all the distances attendees are from home and see what a big number that adds up to!

But you were talking about warnings and violations and ignore; back to that:

To my knowledge I've not been given any official warnings or violations (I'm told secondhand they're very clear when they do warn a guy) but I've certainly been "counseled" by management more than once. For that matter, I guess I've offered them some "counsel" a few times too.

Yeah the ignore function works really well, except it just plain doesn't work if you try to add a mod to that list. Not that I would know that first hand... just what I heard....

[QUOTE=FamilyMan;828766)Hey, I'm looking forward to meeting you finally, about 4 weeks from now at the first ever FA meeting (Forum Anonymous, where you can find a support group to help with your forum afflictions). Still on schedule, to held in the Valley between Palmer and Wasilla, but I have a couple more things to iron out before its set in stone and I post the details. So far, its shaping up to be a good one. That evening we might want to add up all the distances attendees are from home and see what a big number that adds up to! [/QUOTE]

First I have heard of this. At first blush, I was thinking "hey why not get out and kick up my heels a bit". But....if there are going to be a wild bunch of violators in attendance, I will have to rethink it. I will keep my eye out for the details as it gets closer.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default Awww....

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    First I have heard of this. At first blush, I was thinking "hey why not get out and kick up my heels a bit". But....if there are going to be a wild bunch of violators in attendance, I will have to rethink it. I will keep my eye out for the details as it gets closer.
    C'mon, you'd fit right in.

Aw come on res I'm gonna be on my best behavior I promise. Besides isn't FM an aspiring moderator? He'll keep the peace

Besides isn't FM an aspiring moderator?
    well that clears a lot up. I thought he just had control and/or status issues.

meet on face book here

Default that's hilarious. Mods don't have it made, people.

Besides isn't FM an aspiring moderator? He'll keep the peace
    Too funny, that's the second time I've heard that.

I've already been point blank with my strong recommendation that moderator IDs do not take strong/controversial stands on issues; that does not help this board and does hurt it a fair amount. I've told mgmt how I feel on this subject probably a few times too many.

Instead Moderator IDs should merely do moderator functions, and they should have a second ID where they can say whatever the hell they want to (subject to the other Mods review/action/approval/editing, just like all the restrictions us normal members are under).

With my distinct difference of opinion on how the moderation function should be accomplished here, how in the world could I ever become one? According to my own ideas of what is proper, I'd have to muzzle my own ideas, and this forum has strong rules against the two account thing so I couldn't go that route.

So to summarize, were I to become a mod, I would lose my present ability for semi-free speech, and have a bunch of work to do online here, and not get paid a penny for doing that work, and have members @#$%^&'in at me because they thought I made a wrong call. Great deal to be a mod, eh? NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Too funny, that's the second time I've heard that.

I've already been point blank with my strong recommendation that moderator IDs do not take strong/controversial stands on issues; that does not help this board and does hurt it a fair amount. I've told mgmt how I feel on this subject probably a few times too many.

Instead Moderator IDs should merely do moderator functions, and they should have a second ID where they can say whatever the hell they want to (subject to the other Mods review/action/approval/editing, just like all the restrictions us normal members are under).

With my distinct difference of opinion on how the moderation function should be accomplished here, how in the world could I ever become one? According to my own ideas of what is proper, I'd have to muzzle my own ideas, and this forum has strong rules against the two account thing so I couldn't go that route.

So to summarize, were I to become a mod, I would lose my present ability for semi-free speech, and have a bunch of work to do online here, and not get paid a penny for doing that work, and have members @#$%^&'in at me because they thought I made a wrong call. Great deal to be a mod, eh? NOT.
    Now that would be something to look forward too.

Default not to worry there king

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Now that would be something to look forward too.
    Better to worry about hell freezing over. Surely that would happen first.

Okay FM well as far as I'm concerned you can moderate the valley chapter of forum anon. This is of course unofficial w/o a vote of your peers.

Probably the most admirable facet of being a mod, would be; That they have to make a decision. They have to get off the fence and get on one side. They have to be decisive and not feel strongly about it both ways. Fortunately that leaves a few forum members out of the running.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Probably the most admirable facet of being a mod, would be; That they have to make a decision. They have to get off the fence and get on one side. They have to be decisive and not feel strongly about it both ways. Fortunately that leaves a few forum members out of the running.
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm also ambivalent about how I feel about you! I do have to say that so many of your posts are uniquely informative and obviously from an informed source.

Then on the other hand, is that thread you started in the fisheries mgmt forum; I'm not ambivalent about that thread at all!

why cant i see any responses in this thread? weird..
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Then on the other hand, is that thread you started in the fisheries mgmt forum; I'm not ambivalent about that thread at all!
    I figgerd' right off, you'd see it my way. Can't see how any right minded, knowledgable individual would not recognize the right thing to do.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast