Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Ignore Feature

  1. #1
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default Ignore Feature

    How do I enable the iggy feature on the people that want to see harm come to me and my livelihood? You moderators already know I can't control my mouth and what comes out of it when I'm under attack so tell me how to ignore these peoples. I would rather gracefully walk away from this site than be banned, however I really enjoy the most of the members here and it's hard for me to quit coming here especially w/ the onset of winter.

  2. #2

    Default

    fb,
    I am going out on a limb here and assuming you are directing your angst at my thread in the Fisheries Management Forum. For what it is worth, it is not directed at individuals. It is directed at the INDUSTRY. Rest assured that YOU as an individual are not "under attack" by me, anyway, so don't take it personal. It is with the Commercial Fishing Industry and artificial markets that have been created, that cannot be sustained, by way of clear and convincing evidence. History tells us that the industry has suffered booms and busts, regularly. Logically, one could argue that the industry has exceeded it's ability to sustain itself and it's dependant resources, without doing irreparable harm to fish stocks and the marine ecosystem.
    Agree, winter is upon us and time to air our thoughts, even if they differ.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Top of page, "Settings" then left side of the page you will find "edit ignore list" just add them to the list and you are all set.

  4. #4
    Member northriver21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    554

    Default

    If you ingnore a user, you are the only one who will not be able to see their posts.

    Everyone else will still be able to see, and respond. I would prefer to know what has being posted and then choose to respond or not.

  5. #5
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    How do I enable the iggy feature on the people that want to see harm come to me and my livelihood? You moderators already know I can't control my mouth and what comes out of it when I'm under attack so tell me how to ignore these peoples. I would rather gracefully walk away from this site than be banned, however I really enjoy the most of the members here and it's hard for me to quit coming here especially w/ the onset of winter.
    But your doing so well... so far i have only seen 3 or 4 clearly objective posts by you on this subject......
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  6. #6
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Top of page, "Settings" then left side of the page you will find "edit ignore list" just add them to the list and you are all set.
    Thanx bud
    Quote Originally Posted by northriver21 View Post
    If you ingnore a user, you are the only one who will not be able to see their posts.

    Everyone else will still be able to see, and respond. I would prefer to know what has being posted and then choose to respond or not.
    You have a point northriver. The only reason i would choose the iggy feature is to preserve my health and well being by not starting off the morning stressed out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    But your doing so well... so far i have only seen 3 or 4 clearly objective posts by you on this subject......
    I'm not picking up what your putting down Vincenzo. What do you mean clearly objective posts? I'm pretty sure I've never talked about the subject of the ignore feature. FYI I already have 2 flame warnings and 1 full blown flame violation that cost me some points and put my membership in jeopardy. Thats what I'm talkin about.

  7. #7
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post

    I'm not picking up what your putting down Vincenzo. What do you mean clearly objective posts? I'm pretty sure I've never talked about the subject of the ignore feature. FYI I already have 2 flame warnings and 1 full blown flame violation that cost me some points and put my membership in jeopardy. Thats what I'm talkin about.
    yep thems the ones i am talking about.... Clearly OBJECTIVE.... LOL
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,031

    Default warnings, violations, and ignore, oh my!

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    FYI I already have 2 flame warnings and 1 full blown flame violation that cost me some points and put my membership in jeopardy. Thats what I'm talkin about.
    You are a bad boy, aren't you????

    Hey, I'm looking forward to meeting you finally, about 4 weeks from now at the first ever FA meeting (Forum Anonymous, where you can find a support group to help with your forum afflictions). Still on schedule, to held in the Valley between Palmer and Wasilla, but I have a couple more things to iron out before its set in stone and I post the details. So far, its shaping up to be a good one. That evening we might want to add up all the distances attendees are from home and see what a big number that adds up to!

    But you were talking about warnings and violations and ignore; back to that:

    To my knowledge I've not been given any official warnings or violations (I'm told secondhand they're very clear when they do warn a guy) but I've certainly been "counseled" by management more than once. For that matter, I guess I've offered them some "counsel" a few times too.

    Yeah the ignore function works really well, except it just plain doesn't work if you try to add a mod to that list. Not that I would know that first hand... just what I heard....

  9. #9

    Default

    [QUOTE=FamilyMan;828766)Hey, I'm looking forward to meeting you finally, about 4 weeks from now at the first ever FA meeting (Forum Anonymous, where you can find a support group to help with your forum afflictions). Still on schedule, to held in the Valley between Palmer and Wasilla, but I have a couple more things to iron out before its set in stone and I post the details. So far, its shaping up to be a good one. That evening we might want to add up all the distances attendees are from home and see what a big number that adds up to! [/QUOTE]

    First I have heard of this. At first blush, I was thinking "hey why not get out and kick up my heels a bit". But....if there are going to be a wild bunch of violators in attendance, I will have to rethink it. I will keep my eye out for the details as it gets closer.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,031

    Default Awww....

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    First I have heard of this. At first blush, I was thinking "hey why not get out and kick up my heels a bit". But....if there are going to be a wild bunch of violators in attendance, I will have to rethink it. I will keep my eye out for the details as it gets closer.
    C'mon, you'd fit right in.

  11. #11
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    First I have heard of this. At first blush, I was thinking "hey why not get out and kick up my heels a bit". But....if there are going to be a wild bunch of violators in attendance, I will have to rethink it. I will keep my eye out for the details as it gets closer.
    Aw come on res I'm gonna be on my best behavior I promise. Besides isn't FM an aspiring moderator? He'll keep the peace

  12. #12
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Besides isn't FM an aspiring moderator?
    well that clears a lot up. I thought he just had control and/or status issues.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,031

    Default that's hilarious. Mods don't have it made, people.

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Besides isn't FM an aspiring moderator? He'll keep the peace
    Too funny, that's the second time I've heard that.

    I've already been point blank with my strong recommendation that moderator IDs do not take strong/controversial stands on issues; that does not help this board and does hurt it a fair amount. I've told mgmt how I feel on this subject probably a few times too many.

    Instead Moderator IDs should merely do moderator functions, and they should have a second ID where they can say whatever the hell they want to (subject to the other Mods review/action/approval/editing, just like all the restrictions us normal members are under).

    With my distinct difference of opinion on how the moderation function should be accomplished here, how in the world could I ever become one? According to my own ideas of what is proper, I'd have to muzzle my own ideas, and this forum has strong rules against the two account thing so I couldn't go that route.

    So to summarize, were I to become a mod, I would lose my present ability for semi-free speech, and have a bunch of work to do online here, and not get paid a penny for doing that work, and have members @#$%^&'in at me because they thought I made a wrong call. Great deal to be a mod, eh? NOT.

  14. #14
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Too funny, that's the second time I've heard that.

    I've already been point blank with my strong recommendation that moderator IDs do not take strong/controversial stands on issues; that does not help this board and does hurt it a fair amount. I've told mgmt how I feel on this subject probably a few times too many.

    Instead Moderator IDs should merely do moderator functions, and they should have a second ID where they can say whatever the hell they want to (subject to the other Mods review/action/approval/editing, just like all the restrictions us normal members are under).

    With my distinct difference of opinion on how the moderation function should be accomplished here, how in the world could I ever become one? According to my own ideas of what is proper, I'd have to muzzle my own ideas, and this forum has strong rules against the two account thing so I couldn't go that route.

    So to summarize, were I to become a mod, I would lose my present ability for semi-free speech, and have a bunch of work to do online here, and not get paid a penny for doing that work, and have members @#$%^&'in at me because they thought I made a wrong call. Great deal to be a mod, eh? NOT.
    Now that would be something to look forward too.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,031

    Default not to worry there king

    Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Now that would be something to look forward too.
    Better to worry about hell freezing over. Surely that would happen first.

  16. #16
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Okay FM well as far as I'm concerned you can moderate the valley chapter of forum anon. This is of course unofficial w/o a vote of your peers.

  17. #17

    Default

    Probably the most admirable facet of being a mod, would be; That they have to make a decision. They have to get off the fence and get on one side. They have to be decisive and not feel strongly about it both ways. Fortunately that leaves a few forum members out of the running.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Probably the most admirable facet of being a mod, would be; That they have to make a decision. They have to get off the fence and get on one side. They have to be decisive and not feel strongly about it both ways. Fortunately that leaves a few forum members out of the running.
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm also ambivalent about how I feel about you! I do have to say that so many of your posts are uniquely informative and obviously from an informed source.

    Then on the other hand, is that thread you started in the fisheries mgmt forum; I'm not ambivalent about that thread at all!

  19. #19
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    why cant i see any responses in this thread? weird..
    Semper Fi!

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Then on the other hand, is that thread you started in the fisheries mgmt forum; I'm not ambivalent about that thread at all!
    I figgerd' right off, you'd see it my way. Can't see how any right minded, knowledgable individual would not recognize the right thing to do.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •