Thread: AFTA meetings

Default AFTA meetings

I new to trapping and just trying get as much info as I can before I start. I saw that there are the AFTA meetings the first Tues of each month at the Palmer Library and had some questions.

With no real knowledge other than what I have read here and other places would going to the meetings be worthwhile or would it be going over my head?

Do you have to be a member to attend the meetings?

What kinda stuff is discussed at the meetings?

No membership is required to attend the meetings and I doubt anything at the meetings would be over your head. In addition to any business to discuss that affects trapping and the association, there is a demo after every meeting (this month's demo is beaver skinning/fleshing). There is also a trappers gear "swap & sell" for the hour before the meeting (6-7 pm). The meetings are a good place to meet and speak with other trappers with various levels of experience. A pretty friendly bunch that is usually forthcoming with information about trapping. Refreshments are generally served and there is normally an attendance drawing for members. Hope to see you there!

FloorGuy - I am going tomorrow to my first one. From what I have been told, you do not have to be a member and it won't be over your head...well, not all of it. Tomorrow there will be a "how to" demonstration of skinning and fleshing a beaver. Should be informative.