Thread: AFTA meetings

Default AFTA meetings

I new to trapping and just trying get as much info as I can before I start. I saw that there are the AFTA meetings the first Tues of each month at the Palmer Library and had some questions.

With no real knowledge other than what I have read here and other places would going to the meetings be worthwhile or would it be going over my head?

Do you have to be a member to attend the meetings?

What kinda stuff is discussed at the meetings?

Supporting Member

No membership is required to attend the meetings and I doubt anything at the meetings would be over your head. In addition to any business to discuss that affects trapping and the association, there is a demo after every meeting (this month's demo is beaver skinning/fleshing). There is also a trappers gear "swap & sell" for the hour before the meeting (6-7 pm). The meetings are a good place to meet and speak with other trappers with various levels of experience. A pretty friendly bunch that is usually forthcoming with information about trapping. Refreshments are generally served and there is normally an attendance drawing for members. Hope to see you there!
    Rick

FloorGuy - I am going tomorrow to my first one. From what I have been told, you do not have to be a member and it won't be over your head...well, not all of it. Tomorrow there will be a "how to" demonstration of skinning and fleshing a beaver. Should be informative.