Thread: Picked up some used traps....

Default Picked up some used traps....

I'm just starting trapping this year, and was looking for some input. While I try and locate a trapping area with low pressure, I figured I'd practice by setting some traps around my chicken coop. I have notice what appears to be fox and possibly marten tracks around it.

My question is this. I know that going for fox/coyote I would be well served with some bridger #3 with offset jaws, however I just picked up some Oneida Jump #2's for cheap. Would this be a suitable trap to use on fox, or would I just be harassing them for the time it takes them to pry out?

Thanks in advance,

Pat

Supporting Member

Pat,
    As long as you don't get too much snow or ice built up over the #2 jumps, they will work fine for holding fox. You might try making some baited sets under a big spruce where it will receive less snow and ice build up.
    Rick

Yep #2 jumps are very good for fox,I have even held them in 1 1/2's
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Thanks guys!

PAt 3s are good for coyotes but unless you get a lot of snow I don't like them for fox they catch to high on the leg not down on the foot. I have caught more fox in 1 1/2s than anything else with the exception of snares
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it