Thread: Leica CRF-1600's

Forum Sponsor

Default Leica CRF-1600's

We have received another delivery of the Leica CRF-1600's So if you've been looking for one or waiting patiently for more to arrive, we've got them in stock again.
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

Doug- Will the CRF-1600 give a reading for horizontal distance (not the hold-over)?

Forum Sponsor

Short answer: No. Horizontal distance is another way of saying ballistic range/distance.

Long answer: Horizontal distance, ballistic range/distance, TBR, ARC, etc. are all the same thing and unfortunately are exclusive to Bushnell and Leupold. They somehow managed to get a patent on simple physics. These calculations have been used for years by artillery units the world over, yet somehow the US patent office sees their use (by Leupold and Bushnell) in conjunction with a laser rangefinder as new and patent worthy
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

Doug- Thanks for the answer. That is what I had heard but I wanted to confirm it with you. Also, the Nikon Rifleman 1000 also gives a horizontal distance in their rangefinder. Too bad Leica can't do it too except for giving you the value in a holdover distance (inches).