Thread: Halloween Workout.....

Default Halloween Workout.....

The day started pretty chilly....

Ran out of water....

We weren't chilly anymore after getting in floating again....

Nice day for a boat ride... :-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

nice. any video this..

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    nice. any video this..
    yeah....more interesting than the stuck is loading the boat onto the trailer while it sat a boat length away from the water....here's where the trailer was sitting....

With a good run at it, a little hand cranking, and some gravel for traction, we were on our way....

MThayer and Water_Gremlin are probably reconsidering going boating with me again...they said I need to learn how to drive...
    pull my finger....

priceless...

Looks like you are getting the most out of your boating season. Your pictures leave me with a couple of questions. What does your boat weigh? Can you really shove it around on dirt with a couple of guys? I use the have a 24' Duckworth with a 460, and there was no moving this without tools when the water ran out. Also, it looks like you could back the truck down to the water. Was the issue no traction to pull it from down lower (no tire chains)?

I have some old dirt bike / snowmobile buddies you must share some DNA with. I can't imagine it wasn't a fun time for your friends. They are just enjoying the thrill and getting worn out; you are the one with the expensive piece of equipment on the line!

Thanks for sharing.

Jim
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

yep, cliche but true---a bad day on the river is still WAY better than a great day at work!!!...thanks for the pics!.....larry

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

If I continue to ride in your boat I will have start myself on a strength training program or hope Santa puts a chainsaw winch under your Christmas tree.

Reconsidering....... no way. Recovering.......... yes indeed.

No doubt about it, if I was in the market for a boat the Wooldridge XL sportjet would the only boat I'd buy. After a half dozen, or so, trips in tjm's boat I can say with confidence this boat sets the new standard.

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    What does your boat weigh?
    2020 lbs dry...

Can you really shove it around on dirt with a couple of guys?
    depends on what it's stuck on...we were in very soft/muddy stuff yesterday...3 of us could not move it very easily....without the help of the come-a-long it would have been a very miserable experience.....

it looks like you could back the truck down to the water. Was the issue no traction to pull it from down lower (no tire chains)?
    you are correct...launching was no issue, by the end of the day a couple more inches of snow accumulated and the drop off was pretty slick....also quite rutted...

I backed into the water and loaded the boat but couldn't get up and over the drop off...unloaded the boat and tried again with the empty trailer...the tires still wanted to spin no matter how gently I tried to crawl up the drop off....so we dropped the trailer and even then it was iffy getting back up the drop because my hitch was dragging in the mud when the front end neared the top of the drop......last time we went there the tide was up to the top of the drop off so no way was I going to risk getting my truck stuck down there...

once on top, I drug the trailer up with a rope hooked to my truck and positioned it like you see in the picture....then hopped into the boat and got a run at the bank and slid up and partially onto the trailer....with the come-a-long hooked to my truck and the trailer hand crank we slowly pulled the boat all the way up.....moved some sand up under my tires and were able to pull out....it all actually work much better than I thought it would have....
    pull my finger....

Toshiro, nice pics, glad someone has an extended season, though I could head south to your sandbox if I really needed a fix. Glad you like the boat and it meets your needs. The XL with an outboard is a sweet machine, have driven a couple. I was cleaning the garage while you were having fun.... looks like things are about to lock down in your neighborhood as well. Gotta get down your way and do a run somewhere with you guys, will have more time next summer, no septic system to fix....

Nice pics T. I guess you could say I am a bit jealous. You should charge a few folks for the "thrill" and end up with enough dough for that chainsaw winch...hehehe

Joe
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power