Thread: Rear deck video camera

Default Rear deck video camera

Here's a video of the new ultra wide-angle video camera I've had installed on Skookum for watching the downrigger rods and action while trolling. My Raymarine chartplotter has a video feed option and I think this setup will be great for keeping warm and running the boat in a forward-facing position (no neck strain turning to watch the poles) while fishing for winter kings...

I have a stern cam as well. Its really handy for a bowpicker. I look at my jet wash and rooster tail and make sure my trim is clean. Plus its nice for seeing that i'm getting sufficient water flow out of my exhaust. when I'm towing on the net down the cut bank or along the wall at Ester I can sit in my seat like cliffhanger said w/o craning my neck all day. I also have 2 engine room cams. I can watch my drivelines and sand/ sea strainers. My other cam watches the front of my engines belts etc. Its a great piece of mind knowing i'm not taking on water because a hose popped off or my sea strainer is leaking. I have a screen I can watch one cam at a time or split the screen and watch all 3

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I have a stern cam as well. Its really handy for a bowpicker. I look at my jet wash and rooster tail and make sure my trim is clean. Plus its nice for seeing that i'm getting sufficient water flow out of my exhaust. when I'm towing on the net down the cut bank or along the wall at Ester I can sit in my seat like cliffhanger said w/o craning my neck all day. I also have 2 engine room cams. I can watch my drivelines and sand/ sea strainers. My other cam watches the front of my engines belts etc. Its a great piece of mind knowing i'm not taking on water because a hose popped off or my sea strainer is leaking. I have a screen I can watch one cam at a time or split the screen and watch all 3
    How many eyes do you have??

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

So, what I've found, now that the ultra wide angle camera is installed, is that I do indeed see the entire back deck and rods, but the whole picture is so small that it's hard to see the rods in action. I'm experimenting with attaching a colorful bobber-type ball on the rod tip so I can see the rods work better. I'll report back.

OK this is what I wanted to do myself but was not sure where to start the project. We have had the same problem as when the wife and i are out one has to always be out on the deck while the other is at the wheel.
    I am not sure if my 545s will do this but; and i think it will be too small anyway. I was thinking of just installing a hole set up; camera w/screen about the size of a 6x6 screen.
    Where should i look for it and are the 12v cameras water proof to normal rain or wash down levels.
    Thanks T

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

I got my ultra wide angle (170) from Amazon. At some point I may opt for a larger viewing screen just for using the camera, but I have to STOP SPENDING $$$ for a little while.

The camera on the link is waterproof and I have it tucked under my stern overhang. Weather is not supposed to affect it.

Thanks I will see what i can come up with on that, i will not be able to get back into the boat untill June i guess.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam