Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Euro Mount Ideas

  1. #1
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default Euro Mount Ideas

    Getting ready to mount my moose but I'm looking for ideas and picts on how other members mounted their moose.

  2. #2
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Getting ready to mount my moose but I'm looking for ideas and picts on how other members mounted their moose.
    i would suggest a stepping stool


    but that depends on which side of ERUO your after.... get with STID. he has some great ones.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  3. #3
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    I was sort of expecting him to comment.

  4. #4
    Member dieNqvrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kodiak
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Pick the piece of wood or other plaque substrate you want and then use a toggle bolt through the foramen magnum in the back of the skull.

    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

  5. #5
    Moderator stid2677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks Area
    Posts
    7,274

    Default

    I'm thinking about doing mine like this.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

  6. #6
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    That's really different, thanks Steve.

  7. #7
    Member HuntKodiak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kodiak
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Kinda makes parking the car in the garage tough doesn't it.

    Pictures just provided for ideas. I know it's not a euro mount, but it's a nice Canadian moose I inherited from my grandfather that he shot back in the 60's. The guide hacked out the skull with a hatchet, and my grandfather never did anything with it because his house wasn't big enough to display the rack. I repaired the skull, covered it with a deer hide I tanned, and then mounted it on a heavy/thick cross section of a burl. The birch bark call was the one actually used to call in the moose, and the green metal strip mounted under the skull is the tag.

    Bompy's_Moose2.jpgBompy's_Moose.jpg

    It should be a little shinier, but I haven't cleaned it in a while. Nothing as creative or original as Stid's, but like I said, take any ideas you might like from it.

    Mike

  8. #8
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    That's really different, thanks Steve.
    soon as i can get the pic off the phone i have a log for you too.. nice burl just sitting along side the trail... Perfect for putting a head on... perfect
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    i would suggest a stepping stool


    but that depends on which side of ERUO your after.... get with STID. he has some great ones.
    I like yours better than stids with using a stump.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •