Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traps are baited and Set! Ready to go!

Thumbs up Traps are baited and Set! Ready to go!

Good luck to everyone this year! May you have a successful and rewarding year!

"In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

I have caught many a muskrat with a Victor rat trap on floating stick sets. Good luck to you.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Im sorry Amigo but I sure hope you can tell the difference between mouse traps and rat traps.....otherwise we're all in for an eye opener!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Yep,is that beanut butter for bait
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

peanut butter? yep!

My peanut butter didn't work too well. I only caught one last-night! I sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come! lol...

Supporting Member

Huntress,
    Your traps look just like my "Weasel/Squirrel" traps, only smaller! I've been giving a bunch of them away to my trapping students as a low-cost alternative to get them some gear. Last class, they all caught some squirrels with them (weasel season was already closed for the season) and then we skinned and stretched them in our final class. Love to get kids involved in trapping! We're (AFTA) teaching a muskrat school on Saturday, November 13th, so we're hoping for some ice. See you Tuesday night and I'll bring the cookies!

Ohhh stand back! He's bringing the cookies!

We'll be trying a few things this year we haven't tried yet. I'll be making some visual sets with frozen mice... I had a pile of
    about 30 mice at one point but something came into the yard and stole them before I could get them put up.....traps and all!

are weasels still brown at all on season opener? i found a ton of tracks today gonna try to snag a few

Guys, since no one seemed to have found the humor in this. These were sets for the mice in my chicken coop...It was supposed to be funny.

I failed!!!!

Supporting Member

I didn't catch the humor because I run a similar line in my garage every winter and use the mice and shrews as bait out on my lines. Besides, trapping is trapping!

Hey what tannery do you send those shrew hides to?
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Supporting Member

Too hard to pelt out and those little stretchers are kind of tough to use with my gnarly old fingers!

My tannery is called Frigidaire or GE...depends on which one has room...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    Ohhh stand back! He's bringing the cookies!

We'll be trying a few things this year we haven't tried yet. I'll be making some visual sets with frozen mice... I had a pile of
    about 30 mice at one point but something came into the yard and stole them before I could get them put up.....traps and all!
    The cookies must of been why you kept slapping me in the head when ever I got close enuf.......yep thats got to be the reason LOL...
    Do you want yer traps back? The mice had alot of fat on them and made a good stew

I'm up to four so far from my garage trapline - 3 mice and 1 shrew. I never thought about saving them for bait, though. I throw mine out into my yard and magpies or ravens make quick work of them.

Attachment 41355

Attachment 41356

Hey Huntress, just found your thread.....caught this guy the day after I found a bunch of my homers had been killed at night. Set the trap and caught him after he came back the second night for more fun. Have caught three in the previous 2 winters. Rat traps take plenty of squirrels around here too.

Naw Dusty, you just deserve a good smacking from time to time! Behave or you won't see any of that sausage we are making! lol.....

Congrats Brian! I only caught one from the coop, but it seems they have relocated over to the rabbit hutches.....so I'm baited and reset!

Oats, your photos didnt work? Off to get caught up on things around here. It's been a rough 4 days...!

Supporting Member

Probably because the "Big Guy" is around to offer assistance and advice, right?

Rick...Us women just let you think that..

[QUOTE=Huntress;831057]Naw Dusty, you just deserve a good smacking from time to time! Behave or you won't see any of that sausage we are making! lol.....

yes mam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast