Thread: Need advice from experienced folks

Default Need advice from experienced folks

I know this sounds crazy but I need advice from any of you guys out there that have moved to Alaska from other areas of the country and have had to talk their wife into it. I Love Alaska and always have. I lived in washington most of my life and I currently live in North Carolina My goal is to end up in Cordova Alaska but needless to say I am having trouble talking my wive into it. Is there anyone out there that lives there that can tell me some great stuff about it that women would like? Signed desperate dude stuck in NC

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

ever been to cordova?has the wife? you do understand that once there your confined to expensive ferry or air travel to hit town for shopping?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Yes, Thanks. Unfourtunately Cordova is "Me" and always has been. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ealkire View Post
    Is there anyone out there that lives there that can tell me some great stuff about it that women would like?
    Stuff like there's lots of strange, crazy lonely guys here to choose from because after they moved here their wives left them and went back to the States?

Have you ever been to Cordova? Has She? No matter where you think you would like to live, if she is not 100% on board with it in advance, with eyes wide open, you're holding a loaded gun to your relationship. How much is it worth to you? Your best bet is to make a visit to where you think you want to live. Spend as much time there as you can afford. Be sure to investigate and understand the dramatic difference that seasons make in any potential place. Some places make for hard living in the winter. If your wife hasn't been there in advance, and doesn't share your dream, you're almost certainly doomed.

Edit: We were typing simultaneously... Sounds like you've got some of the bases covered, in that you have been there.... But, take her there, hook her up with the local women, see what she thinks. Keep your fingers crossed, and have a backup plan. If you want to keep her, you go where she is happy... You asked for *experienced* advice...

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Stuff like there's lots of strange, crazy lonely guys here to choose from because after they moved here their wives left them and went back to the States?

Have you ever been to Cordova? Has She? No matter where you think you would like to live, if she is not 100% on board with it in advance, with eyes wide open, you're holding a loaded gun to your relationship. How much is it worth to you? Your best bet is to make a visit to where you think you want to live. Spend as much time there as you can afford. Be sure to investigate and understand the dramatic difference that seasons make in any potential place. Some places make for hard living in the winter. If your wife hasn't been there in advance, and doesn't share your dream, you're almost certainly doomed.

Edit: We were typing simultaneously... Sounds like you've got some of the bases covered.... But, take here there, hook her up with the local women, see what she thinks. Keep your fingers crossed, and have a backup plan. If you want to keep her, you go where she is happy... You asked for *experienced* advise...
    that is just about exactly as i was thinking when i asked. if your wife needs shopping or town life. more then a part time job... other nicities chances are it ain't happenin... it takes a tough women to be isolated from EVERYthing AND her family all at once.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    that is just about exactly as i was thinking when i asked. if your wife needs shopping or town life. more then a part time job... other nicities chances are it ain't happenin... it takes a tough women to be isolated from EVERYthing AND her family all at once.
    Yup, and I would say you can replace the word "woman" with "person" and it plays about the same.