Thread: Best trail-cam for the money?

Angry Best trail-cam for the money?

Need some help and haven't look at these in a long time and not sure of the features out there. What is the best camera for the money? Good features, and I need infrared at a minimum. Don't mind spending a little money for quality and longevity and can handle the cold and rain.

The first use will be to catch vandals I have a semi remote piece of property that had some hunters on it, shotgun shells all over the pond, and then they drove the back property line and then drove their truck through my fencing and messed up about 80'. Its the second to last piece of property down a back dirt road and only one way in or out that has a wire gate. I'm half tempted to spike a few boards and lay them out in the grass.

I like to but things once but don't want to spend 400.00 on one. Any suggestions on make and model as well as where to get it would be greatly appreciated.

I would spike a few boards. This way the vandals wont steal your game camera, besides boards and nails are much cheaper.

I bought a Moultrie about 5 years ago. I think I paid about $100-150 for it. I have no complaints with it. It has taken pictures of lots or bears and moose at my treestand locations. I did have a bear chew on it a little bit once and it acts a little squirrelly from time to time. But for the most part it does the job just fine. I also have a neighbor that bought the same kind for home security like are talking about. I think they like theirs also.

We own two moultries now.....went to cabelas two weeks and bought a second moultrie.... they had this one at a steal of a price and yes, it makes a wonderful thief catcher...even works well in the winter

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/Scouting-Feeders/Trail-Cameras|/pc/104791680/c/104767380/sc/103867380/Moultrie-60-Outfitter-IR-Scouting-Camera/727880.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2F_%2FN-1100176
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

For evaluations of many of the different trail-cams for sale, go to: www.chasinggame.com I am very pleased with the new Wildgame Innovations (model xC6), you can even get a steel/camo security box & cable lock for that unit. However, you'll have to come to your own conclusions as to what is the best camera for you. Check out the ChassingGame website, as they'll tell you which trail-cams work well and which don't. Good luck... and I'd do the "spike thing" also!

take out the www you might get there

http://chasingame.com/
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

It seems the Moultrie cameras get the best reviews. I bought the 4.0 Gamespy a few years ago and I really like it. Takes great night photos! You could order one from Cabelas or pick one up at any major sporting goods store. Should be less than $200.

It's more then you want to spend, but you get what you pay for. I have a Reconyx and it is well worth it, plus great service.

Camofire has one that looks pretty good. They have it up once or twice a week... Spypoint I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    take out the www you might get there

http://chasingame.com/
    I ended up finding this and they have alot of info. It's almost too much and no side by side comparision to look at. Thanks for all of the help and input so far.

Huntress - the one you recommended from calbelas had a whopping 2 1/2 stars, not a shinning review.

Man I hate thieves and vandals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can any one comment on the black flash vs the IR?

I haven't had it home long enough to write a review on it, however we do have an older version of it and have yet to have it fail us. Moultrie does make a pretty nice camera for the price.

Try Cuddeback, by far the fastest trigger time.