Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED CHEAP "Anchorage" Hotel Room.......??????

Default WANTED CHEAP "Anchorage" Hotel Room.......??????

Are there any cheap hotels in Anchorage....? or bed and breakfast...? I only come to town for supplies every two months, but in the winter it would be nice to over night and drive back in daylight.

If you find something, let me know. I'm looking for the same thing, probably one or two nights every two weeks. The only property we have now is the lodge, and it's a long trip to do in a day, especially considering a 140 miles of it is on snow machine.

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I Stay at the Sockeye inn on C and fireweed... i think winter rates are 69 a night. or 250 a week... the days inn down spenard is about the same.. but older and trashed. the sockeye.. does have communal baths and showers down the hall from the room but they are kept spotless
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I used to hit the Hillside Hotel (now the Creekside) above Cal Worthington Ford on Gambell.
    I just called and the day rate for a single bed is $71.67 and 2 beds is 82.87.

Might be a bit quieter there.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Default Two...

...words: Bed bugs.

Heh heh Sayak! I thought of that, and it does not sound pleasant! How about this, do any of you forum members what to make some cash? Anyone have a mother in law apartment or small cabin on your place that your not using? You could limit it to just forum members, since we are all good people in here... right?
    Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    ...words: Bed bugs.
    Is that a real issue in Anchorage......?

I hear Bicentennial Park is a popular spot for spending the night in Anchorage on the cheap....

Thanks I would rather sleep in my truck, in the Walmart parking lot. There just has to be hotel rooms for $49.99 in the winter.

last time I was in Los Anchorage, the Chelsea Inn Hotel on Spenard had rooms for 50 bucks/night...FWIW...
    "Western Alaska is a place where the Government does things for you when it isn't doing things to you."-Craig Medred
    "You can't eat Antlers"-Anonymous
    "Antlers fly forever!"-Jacob Carl

Quote Originally Posted by AKFishOn View Post

Well, we are getting there, now I just need is that rate south of Tudor Rd.

You know it would be smart of the hotels to offer punch cards, that you "Pre-pay" for. I would be happy to prepay for 5 nights Nov. through March use only. I might call some hotels on monday. Say $299.00 including tax for five nights.

Quote Originally Posted by popgunshooter View Post
    last time I was in Los Anchorage, the Chelsea Inn Hotel on Spenard had rooms for 50 bucks/night...FWIW...
    I used to stay there a lot
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I also stayed in the Creekwood inn Just above Worthington Ford, It is quiet and decent and inexpensive. Not bad at all. Good folks also.

Aren't you in Hope? That's like an hour and a half drive...maybe.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Priceline. I've no need to stay in Anchorage anymore, but several years back I had to go up for overnighters fairly regular. At that time, a $60-70 bid on Priceline would get you a night at some very nice hotels. I ended up at the Sheraton quite a few times using Priceline. Start lower than your low bid and work your way up until you start getting hits that there are rooms available for that price. If the price range is acceptable, then accept the bid and see where you're staying. You might be surprised at the big name hotels that Priceline away their empty winter rooms.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    Aren't you in Hope? That's like an hour and a half drive...maybe.
    What is your point........I have no water, and it would be nice every two months to take a shower. And I don't like driving in the dark. And it takes about 6 to7 hours in town to pick up feed & straw for the animals, go to the hardware stores, get groceries, banking, etc.

I have only overnighted in Anchorage one time in the last ten years. Now that I am old, I would rather not risk sliding off the road in the dark, at -19* Below zero, with a truck full of can goods that will freeze and break in the truck. And I don't live in Hope, I live 9 miles out of Hope.

The Puffin Inn on Spenard, I get local rates year round for $59. You have to ask for the local rate. Yes the bed bug thing is a real problem, just like other crawly things, use causation/protection.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    The Puffin Inn on Spenard, I get local rates year round for $59. You have to ask for the local rate. Yes the bed bug thing is a real problem, just like other crawly things, use causation/protection.

I always use "Protection" especially in Spenard.........but generally they only have TWO legs........?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast