Thread: Varmint rig budget optic

Default Varmint rig budget optic

I am putting together a varmint rig, I bought a savage edge .22-250, and now I need some affordable base/rings and scope.
    Can anyone recommend a low-cost decent quality optic and base combo. Preferably under $100?
    Anyone have something they want to sell?

Cabelas has some basic 3-9x50 Pine Ridge (their brand) scopes for 60 bucks right now, I just bought my second one. I don't think you'll find a better bang for your buck under $100! Just my opinion of course...

Check out midwayusa.com. They have a Barska scope/spotting scope combo for $99.00. Got mine last week and zeroed it today on my mini-14. Sure it's not a Zeiss but "bang for the buck" it's a great deal. Also check cheaperthandirt.com

Quote Originally Posted by akcharlie1960 View Post
    Check out midwayusa.com.\
    Be careful with Midway that you check their shipping charges carefully and get an accurate quote. Midway can get very steep with what they charge to ship.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

swfa.com aka riflescopes.com is another good site

I got a Tasco Varmint scope for my .17 HMR. Good scope for the money.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/tasco-6-...etvarmint.html

OpticsPlanet has free ground shipping, but I dunno what they charge to AK. Should fit in a flat-rate box though, so no more than 15 bucks, I would think.

Thanks for the suggestions. For now another member has lent me a decent bushnell 4-12.
    I am just going to save up and get a nice Leupold 4-12, I have read it's worth it.
    No biggie, for now I will keep all my shots under 200 yards, when I get the leupold I will work into the long stuff.
    Life's rough!