Thread: Political signs to build an ice shanty?

Default Political signs to build an ice shanty?

lately I have been reading on here about all the hoopla over the google ads for political canidates.
    I have also read the thread about who's building a shack this year.
    While driving through town today I got to thinking on what all those large political signs could be used for after the elections?
    I was thinking if a person could get their hands on a few of those maybe they would make a good lightweight ice shanty? Although I have never been involved with handling those signs they look to be made of thin plastic? What do they do with all those signs?
    Especially after she... er oops! I mean they loose and probably will not run again?
    lightweight plastic must be a lot lighter than plywood and might be pretty durable and waterproof. You could put the white sides out and paint it however you wish. Then insulate the inside to cover all the political stuff up.
    If your candidate won you could leave their stuff facing out to show your continued support.
    Anyone else thought of this? Any other uses for these signs anyone has seen or done?
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

MOST EXCELLENT IDEA................ However you might only catch sharks and barracudas..........and the would be foul tasting..........call their lawyers.................sue for bodily injury................probably better off standing out in the cold.................
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

They are generally corrugated plastic... same construction as the cardboard in boxes, just made with plastic instead. It is fairly durable stuff.

Are you thinking of putting the wording to the inside or out?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

good idea... the winners shack over the good holes and the loosers shacks over the poor holes for your buddy to use.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I was thinking of using hererm, uh... the losers signs on my new construction outhouse because I plan on a vibrant construction year after certain changes take place in DC but I never even thought of an ice shanty, what a killer idea

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I was thinking of using heruh, erm, the losers signs on my outhouse but I never even thought of an ice shanty, what a killer idea
    Not sure i could have her signs on the outhouse. could lead to sudden constipation
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I don't think I'd leave the graphics on the outside. One; it's bad enough to have to see that crap all along the roads, we shouldn't visually pollute the winter lake scenery with it. Two; I wouldn't feel comfortable sitting in a box with stuff on the outside that someone might take offense to and use as a target.

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I was thinking of using hererm, uh... the losers signs on my new construction outhouse because I plan on a vibrant construction year after certain changes take place in DC but I never even thought of an ice shanty, what a killer idea
    I never thought of using them for an outhouse what a great idea if I ever need one built. Especially since most of the canidates are allready full of bs in real life.
    I remember as a kid seeing a few of the old plywood ones made into deer stands. Now days they all seem to be this thin plastic.
    Vince I also like your idea of my fishing buds who always seem to be broke when I fill up the sleds and truck for a trip having to use the loosers shanty and I get first pick of fishing spots.

Anybody know what they do with these after the elections?

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I hear some guys build shi... uh outhouses out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I don't think I'd leave the graphics on the outside. One; it's bad enough to have to see that crap all along the roads, we shouldn't visually pollute the winter lake scenery with it. Two; I wouldn't feel comfortable sitting in a box with stuff on the outside that someone might take offense to and use as a target.
    good point! Thats why I said put the white side out and paint it however you like.
    Insulation would cover the inside so you wouldn't have to see the political stuff again.
    I suppose one could also use them to staple targets too at the range.
    Or just shoot at the signs at the range sans targets if you really dislike the canidate on it.

I'd be worried about attracting flies....
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I believe it is the responsibility of the candidate to remove them within a certain time period afterward. Depending on the career path of said candidate, they'll save them for the next election.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Political signs to build an ice shanty? With so much political hot air this year I would be worried about the ice shanty sinking!