Thread: NOTICE from ADFG... important info for the draw..

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default NOTICE from ADFG... important info for the draw..

Denby Lloyd, Commissioner
    /
    Public Communications
    P0. Box 25526
    Juneau. Alaska 99802-5526
    (907) 465-6166
    Alaska Department of Fish and Game
    NEWS
    Friday. October 15. 2010 CONTACT: Suzan Bowen (907) 747-3355
    Permit Hunt Applications Available Online November 1
    Hunters may apply online for drawing permit hunts and subsistence tier I and II
    hunts starting November 1, but will have to wait until November 10 to submit
    paper applications.
    The traditional newspaper-style hunt supplements and paper applications will be
    available by November 10 at Alaska Department of Fish and Game offices and
    sporting goods stores. Permit applications are normally available November 1,
    but a mid-October emergency Board of Game meeting that decided the fate of
    key hunts delayed printing of those supplements.
    We can get the hunt supplements on the internet quickly after Board of Game
    decisions are made,” said Suzan Bowen, regulations program coordinator, “but it
    takes more time to have paper copies printed and distributed.”
    Online applications will be accepted from November 1 until December 31 at five
    o’clock via the internet for Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 drawing hunts and tier I
    and tier II subsistence hunts. Available hunts and other information will be listed
    online at www.wildlife.alaska.gov
    Bowen noted that hunters who apply online will be able to change their minds
    and edit their applications right up to the deadline, if they remember to write
    down their online confirmation number.
    Because paper applications must be entered into the computer by ADF&G staff,
    they must be postmarked no later than November 30. Paper applications cannot
    be changed prior to the drawing.
    Permit winners will be announced by February 25, 2011.
    emphasis mine...

NOTE you will be able to change your mind on your draw, as far as i know this is the first time this has been allowed.

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I boldly predict that the department of fish and fish will screw this up, be sued by people that didn't change their minds soon enough, etc. It looks like nobody will get a draw permit next year. Sigh...

yeah, I don't know if I really like this idea because they had trouble getting the results out on time last year, and it seems this will add to potential problems again. Basically you have 2 months to figure out what you want to put in for, so don't rush your decisions, put in early, and then at the last minute change your mind.

I want to change my mind if I don't get drawn and have ADFG refund my money. I suppose that is a bit of a stretch though.

So did I read this right??? Are all permit winners going to find out Feb 25, 2011??? Wow...that's early considering the length of time it took last year. That'd sure be great for planning purposes.....

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFSTER View Post
    I want to change my mind if I don't get drawn and have ADFG refund my money. I suppose that is a bit of a stretch though.
    Just curious, being new to AK. What do the apps cost? Anyone know? Been diggin a bit on the ADFG site as I have time, but haven't found that info yet.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

It varies depending on species. Bison are more expensive. Most are $5 per drawing hunt applied for. It should be right in the supplement if i remember correctly...

I know for a fact that they have, on occasion, made corrections for people that contacted them. This was a manual process.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

BTT for those that have not seen and asking
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyH View Post
    Just curious, being new to AK. What do the apps cost? Anyone know? Been diggin a bit on the ADFG site as I have time, but haven't found that info yet.
    Most are $5 per entry per species, except as dkwarthog stated where a couple select species are higher such as bison. You are limited to 3 entries per species per person.

An example would be:

Caribou - 3 entries at $5 each = $15
    Moose - 3 entries at $5 each = $15
    Bison - 2 entries at $10 each = $20

Total = $50 (not including the required hunting license cost that you normally are required to have purchased prior to entering the drawing).

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Most are $5 per entry per species, except as dkwarthog stated where a couple select species are higher such as bison. You are limited to 3 entries per species per person.

An example would be:

Caribou - 3 entries at $5 each = $15
    Moose - 3 entries at $5 each = $15
    Bison - 2 entries at $10 each = $20

Total = $50 (not including the required hunting license cost that you normally are required to have purchased prior to entering the drawing).
    yep! then include Elk, bear, or sheep,
    the occasional Ox...

multiply it by 6 this year.... as my next in line turns 10... we will put our fair share into the annual budget.

tax returns, Dividends, and drawing permits... so far three times a year kids come in handy LOL

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    ... three times a year kids come in handy LOL
    What no wood to split or water to haul? No chickens and hogs to feed? Ditches to dig?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    What no wood to split or water to haul? No chickens and hogs to feed? Ditches to dig?
    yeha i did that for years.... now i know what my father went through to get the chores done...

meet on face book here