Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grampyfishes

Default Grampyfishes

Is there anyone here that knows Grampy personally? I remember reading a post where Grampy was meeting people for coffee but I can't find it. I know its not really my business but I'm concerned about Grampy, w/o him this section isn't the same. I urge whoever might be familiar w/ Grampy to inquire about his well being and let us know. Maybe he realized life was better w/o the internet. Maybe admin can drop him an email heck i dunno

I agree. Maybe Brian can contact him to make sure he is O.K. I do not know him personally so have no way to contact him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerka View Post
    I agree. Maybe Brian can contact him to make sure he is O.K. I do not know him personally so have no way to contact him.
    He last logged on 3 days ago.

Maybe I or someone else did not take a very provocative stance lately and he see's no need. Set a trap, bait him out by maybe telling him we are pushing to cut back commercial fishing by 50 percent within the next five years in UCI... oh and throw in the dipnetting limit is going to be doubled when that happens. OK the trap is set, hold your breathe and let's see if he takes the bait!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Maybe I or someone else did not take a very provocative stance lately and he see's no need. Set a trap, bait him out by maybe telling him we are pushing to cut back commercial fishing by 50 percent within the next five years in UCI... oh and throw in the dipnetting limit is going to be doubled when that happens. OK the trap is set, hold your breathe and let's see if he takes the bait!!!
    Oh sure cause me heartburn just to flush out Grampy. I wasn't going to mention it but I just noticed Cook Inlet drift permits just popped up 10k on the Alaska boats and permits site. Somebody has some inside scoop for this years UCI management plan, now its your turn to squirm whop teehehehe

Fullbush, time will tell, that's for sure.
    I almost forgot, besides the dipnetting limit being raised in the next five years, the "commercial" guide industry is joining forces with the dipnetters and will split that 50 percent cut in the commercial fisheries. Now that ought to get Gramps to take the bait!!! I just sweetened the pot by twice as much. Again..Holding our collective breathes.. LOL
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Hope Grampy is OK..

Charter fishermen good.. Commercial fishermen bad.. (That'll flush him out!)

Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    Hope Grampy is OK..

Charter fishermen good.. Commercial fishermen bad.. (That'll flush him out!)
    Common, it's not that they are "bad" per se. Its just that they are selfish and want to sell us and the resource out so that they can have max short term profits.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Common, it's not that they are "bad" per se. Its just that they are selfish and want to sell us and the resource out so that they can have max short term profits.
    LuJon I'm gonna let that slide for 2 reasons one is because I know you're just trying to flush out Grampy and the 2nd is because I don't really care to be banned for telling you you're off your rocker.
    Why would a commercial fisherman want to sell out the very resource that has been feeding our families for generations....There look I'm off the subject of Grampys whereabouts... grrrr, this isn't over!

I actually just bought a big 40ft fiberglass boat I'll be rigging for commercial fishing (gasp) a few days ago. Had a great time commercial fishing this summer.. Just didn't make much money at it. I was just trying to flush ol' grampy out.

Really????? I would have bet HUGE SUMS of money that you and Grampy were best buddies. Come to think of it, I still would!

Honest 375JDJ I sent him a PM asking who he was and if we ever met. He returned the message that he wanted to stay unknown and that we had not met or discussed fish issues at meetings or anywhere else. Based on his posts he has significant knowledge about fisheries but in all honesty I have no clue who he is. If I did I would post on his condition or why he is not posting.

Honest 375JDJ I sent him a PM asking who he was and if we ever met. He returned the message that he wanted to stay unknown and that we had not met or discussed fish issues at meetings or anywhere else. Based on his posts he has significant knowledge about fisheries but in all honesty I have no clue who he is. If I did I would post on his condition or why he is not posting.
    I'm real confused. I thought you served on the Kenai/Soldotna AC in the past...............so did Grampy. I figured you guys all knew each other??

All I know is Grampy was having some dialogue w/ another member in a post this spring about home brew and another get together.
    I was and still am hoping the guy sees this thread and tells us Grampy threw the dumb computer in the garbage
    Grampy

I was on the AC but have no idea when Grampy served as I do not know him. However, if you can tell me how you know he served on the AC and what years we can narrow it down.

Maybe Brian can shed some light on this. Grampy was having some trouble with his posts and his opinion that he was not treated fairly by the moderators. I remember a PM from him on this but not sure what the issue was. Anyway, I am going back into the old posts and send him a PM and see if he answers.

Default Mark Twain

Maybe he pulled a "Sawyer-Finn Funeral" ??????

I received a PM that basically said I was dishonest in claiming I do not know Grampyfishes. I thought that was pretty insulting since I have posted that I do not know him/her. I want to tell everyone one last time that I do not know who Grampyfishes is. If I did I would post I know him or her and that I will not reveal the name at his or her request. I also would have contacted him/her and checked out the health and reasons for not posting and posted that to answer this question. I sent a private PM to Grampyfishes and received nothing back to date. I hope the moderators can contact him/her. It is a sad state when a person questions the honesty of someone on this forum without facts to back it up but based on speculation is willing to degrade someone.

I received a PM that basically said I was dishonest in claiming I do not know Grampyfishes. I thought that was pretty insulting since I have posted that I do not know him/her. I want to tell everyone one last time that I do not know who Grampyfishes is. If I did I would post I know him or her and that I will not reveal the name at his or her request. I also would have contacted him/her and checked out the health and reasons for not posting and posted that to answer this question. I sent a private PM to Grampyfishes and received nothing back to date. I hope the moderators can contact him/her. It is a sad state when a person questions the honesty of someone on this forum without facts to back it up but based on speculation is willing to degrade someone.
    Nerka I'm w/ you bud, and I find that just pathetic! This forum can't afford to lose your unbiased expertise. I'm hoping it was a similar imbecilic action that soured Grampy on the joint I sure hope its not because he is physically incapacitated. Surely admin has read this thread, if there was a disagreement I would think they would inform us. Thats why I'm starting to worry, thats all

Nerka
    Rumor has it you know where Bigfoot lives as well LOL. Hang in there Nerka we need you here. Dont let a few idiots ruin your opinion of this board and your contributions to it!!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

well according to his profile... he logged in one week ago...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast