Thread: Took some new hardware to the range today :)

Default Took some new hardware to the range today :)

My wife and I went for one of our first big outings since her breaking her leg 2 weeks ago. Reason being is I swapped out her old scope on her model 7 Remington .308 in favor of a VX-III 2.5-8 scope with some talley rings to boot. Also had a new predator rifle to get sighted in.

So we spent a romantic afternoon at the range and got the rifles dialed in.

Here is Mrs. Alaska_Lanche getting ready to shoot with both new hardware on her rifle as well as a rod and 3 screws in the leg propped up on the stool:

As you can see she's already trying to get back in the saddle, much to my enjoyment.

Thats great to see.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Nice technique, bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Nice technique, bravo
    Yeah, especially on the "husbanding technique" part, buying her a new scope, "she'll really want to try out soon"
    So romantic, "I bought her a new ring, actually two rings, they're Talley's, to boot"

That girl is tough tho, very cool.

and that range, Nice, we have to shoot in the Rain in Kodiak, can you believe that, on a range that's been there since WWII, no cover for the gear, I guess the wind would blow it down........
    Nice Photos, looks like a great day for shooting
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    Yeah, especially on the "husbanding technique" part, buying her a new scope, "she'll really want to try out soon"
    So romantic, "I bought her a new ring, actually two rings, they're Talley's, to boot"

and that range, Nice, we have to shoot in the Rain in Kodiak, can you believe that, on a range that's been there since WWII, no cover for the gear, I guess the wind would blow it down........
    wait till you see pics of my new range later this winter... it will have SLIDING glass doors and coffee service.

good to Becca out luke... that is the first real step in healing..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

If all the photos of firearms on this site were presented in this manner, the world would be a better place! I think you're just showing off.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post

KodiakRain,

Yeah I was going to get a ring from Zales or Jared's but Boondocks Sporting Goods was having a killer deal on Talley Rings compared to what the other two stores were offering so I got the two for one on the rings and still way $$$ ahead.

Iofthetaiga,

First off I love your screenname, perhaps one of the most clever I have seen on here in a while.

Secondly, yeah I may have been showing off just a little. Thanks for the kind words though.

Geez, surprised not to see any snow. Good to see her out there getting active again. Gotta love those Talley LW's. All my Kimbers wear them and the Talkeetna has quick detachers.
    By the way, don't forget they make an "extended base" version. The front base is 3/8" longer which allows you more room forward or more importantly, more leeway when its backward - pointing to the rear. Great for those scope tube bodies that are a little short.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Here is Mrs. Alaska_Lanche getting ready to shoot with both new hardware on her rifle as well as a rod and 3 screws in the leg propped up on the stool:

As you can see she's already trying to get back in the saddle, much to my enjoyment.
    Alaska_Lanche, Are you sure they put her leg back on the right way? It sure looks twisted and painful in that position.

If I were you, I would get her new shoes for Christmas 50% off for one! You could apply the savings to some new gear for yourself. Are you still considering suing stidd for pushing her down to get a shot at her goat?

Good for her getting right back in the saddle!