Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 106

Thread: Sill pizzed about nelchina?

  1. #1
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default Sill pizzed about nelchina?

    1 props for unit 13 need to be written and turned in by OCT 29... http://boards.adfg.state.ak.us/bdsin...lineProposals/

    fill out the form and hit send.. then Email me... Vince@alaska.net to be added to my mailing list... i would like to know at that time if your are willing to

    1. write a letter to the joint boards

    2. write letters of public testimony and submit...

    3 attend... YOUR local AC meetings and get there support or at least LEARN some of the process..

    4 attend the BOG meeting in ANch.. this march.

    i have so far THREE advisory committees willing to write a letter to the JOINT boards and ask that the meeting THEY WILL have this spring to take proposals on ... one big issue is to make a portion of unit 13 NON subsistence... this will remove much of the irregular patterns of allocation for many. i have spent hours at the DNR, hours on the phone and writing people...

    we are trying to BUILD a fair process for it to happen... we may NOT all agree all the time... and the end will NOT be exactly what everyone wants... but small steps the baby does take....

    i have several members already have written and asked what they can do... so i ask WHAT are you willing to do...

    besides...every one needs a project in the winter.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  2. #2
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    4 attend the BOG meeting in ANch.. this march.
    Anchorage? I thought the March meeting was in Fairbanks. I hope I'm wrong...

  3. #3
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Anchorage? I thought the March meeting was in Fairbanks. I hope I'm wrong...
    LAST march was in fairbanks... working on SC this year..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Way to go Vince. Hopefully you guys get some momentum and traction. Never know until you give it a try! Good luck.

  5. #5
    Member akfishfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    north pole
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Count me in, Vince I got your pm and I will respond tonight. I have tomorrow off so I will work on what you asked, but I will need to talk to you so expect a phone call. for those who are on the fence, or say they want it to change but as of yet haven't done anything, we have someone taking the lead now, who is willing to put in the work, the least we can do is help out. How much time would it to take to write a few letters, many of us spend more time than that on this very forum every week. So for once lets work together and "complain" in a way that could actually change something. For me it's about my kids. I know what I would like hunting in this state to look like for them in twenty or thirty years and they are worth taking some time to try and make it a reality. I may not be very experienced at this, but nothing worth having is easy or free, any hunter knows that.

    Andrew

  6. #6
    jwolf
    Guest

    Default

    Remove much of the irregular patterns of allocation for many.” OKAY, what are you saying here? If it was irregular it certainly wouldn’t be a pattern.. There is NO concurrent with the natural environment.. There can’t be a reoccurring idea in an every changing environment.. There has to be an ever-evolving theorem based upon fact or as the best we can produce those facts.. Solid idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    1 props for unit 13 need to be written and turned in by OCT 29... http://boards.adfg.state.ak.us/bdsin...lineProposals/

    fill out the form and hit send.. then Email me... Vince@alaska.net to be added to my mailing list... i would like to know at that time if your are willing to

    1. write a letter to the joint boards

    2. write letters of public testimony and submit...

    3 attend... YOUR local AC meetings and get there support or at least LEARN some of the process..

    4 attend the BOG meeting in ANch.. this march.

    i have so far THREE advisory committees willing to write a letter to the JOINT boards and ask that the meeting THEY WILL have this spring to take proposals on ... one big issue is to make a portion of unit 13 NON subsistence... this will remove much of the irregular patterns of allocation for many. i have spent hours at the DNR, hours on the phone and writing people...

    we are trying to BUILD a fair process for it to happen... we may NOT all agree all the time... and the end will NOT be exactly what everyone wants... but small steps the baby does take....

    i have several members already have written and asked what they can do... so i ask WHAT are you willing to do...

    besides...every one needs a project in the winter.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    So let me see if I got this right, you want us to vote for you for U.S senate got it. Took me awhile to decipher your message Vince.

  8. #8
    jwolf
    Guest

    Default

    i have so far THREE advisory committees willing to write a letter to the JOINT boards and ask that the meeting THEY WILL have this spring to take proposals on.” *** does that mean?
    Man, I’m so totally confused.. What does that mean Vince? THREE advisory committees? What units do they represent and what ARE their issues and HOW does that relate to unit 13.. The only advisory committee that has a voice is the advisory committee for and residing within 13.. What the hell are you talking about? Why would we want representation from unit 17 telling anyone how to run unit 13.. MAN, that just don’t make a lick of **** sense but for the dummy followers out there, the flimsy willow trees, it might mean everything.. BAHAHAHA!!!
    Too funny!! for anyone who falls for this stuff…
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    LAST march was in fairbanks... working on SC this year..

  9. #9
    jwolf
    Guest

    Default

    In the early morning rain with a dollar in my hand….

  10. #10
    Member wykee5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sodak
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    In the early morning rain with a dollar in my hand….
    Try to make sense when you talk.

  11. #11
    jwolf
    Guest

    Default

    Even if I did; there would be few to understand it.. Ahh, but that's cute..
    Quote Originally Posted by wykee5 View Post
    Try to make sense when you talk.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    There is NO concurrent with the natural environment..
    Or better yet if you are are going to try to use big words make sure they are in the correct context. Sorry had to say it Jwolf.

    I think what Vince was referring to honestly was how this hunt has been jockeyed around from happening to not happening with nothing that is in part to what the herd or the bio's were saying but what the judges in the black robes where saying who was going to get to hunt these animals. He is not referring irregularity of that amount of animals taking, instead referring to it being up in the air as to who qualifies to take these animals from year to year and having a non-subsistence drawing area, based solely on randome draw and give out X amount of tags in a draw in order to take the desired quota of caribou the bio's set for the hunt would alleviate some of the wondering on what groups of people would be able to harvest caribou from that hunt from year to year.

    In other words the irregularity Vince is referring to is based on legality of the hunters involved not the a natural environment at all.

  13. #13
    Member Milo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    I like to think I'm in the "not yet pizzed off" category.

    jwolf - Canadian?

  14. #14
    jwolf
    Guest

    Default

    Well, thanks for clearing that up Luke but, I must say, in entirely, everything you just said needs to be summed up in two sentences of fact that everyone can understand.. Let’s not confuse the issue.. I want to know the subcommittee chair members and their names and WHAT unit they represent before I give them a lick of support.. What’s this? I SAY and all follows.. C’mon, reminds me of how the nation ended all f-ed up. FACTS! Nothing less.. Provide them please..
    Concurrent means parallel, concomitant, simultaneous etc.. I DID’NT use it in the wrong context Luke..


    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Or better yet if you are are going to try to use big words make sure they are in the correct context. Sorry had to say it Jwolf.

    I think what Vince was referring to honestly was how this hunt has been jockeyed around from happening to not happening with nothing that is in part to what the herd or the bio's were saying but what the judges in the black robes where saying who was going to get to hunt these animals. He is not referring irregularity of that amount of animals taking, instead referring to it being up in the air as to who qualifies to take these animals from year to year and having a non-subsistence drawing area, based solely on randome draw and give out X amount of tags in a draw in order to take the desired quota of caribou the bio's set for the hunt would alleviate some of the wondering on what groups of people would be able to harvest caribou from that hunt from year to year.

    In other words the irregularity Vince is referring to is based on legality of the hunters involved not the a natural environment at all.

  15. #15
    jwolf
    Guest

    Default

    NO, I'm an Alaskan! that supports Alaskans and not myself..
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    I like to think I'm in the "not yet pizzed off" category.

    jwolf - Canadian?

  16. #16
    Member Milo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    NO, I'm an Alaskan! that supports Alaskans and not myself..
    Just asked regarding the semi-obscure Gordo quote.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    NO, I'm an Alaskan! that supports Alaskans and not myself..
    so it is safe to say you aren't going to help/write proposal, or support Vince? Hey is this Scott McAdams? You crazy man you one crazy guy man you have my vote....

  18. #18
    Member akfishfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    north pole
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Jwolf ignorant, immature comments only show how little you actually have to contribute to this conversation. If you have an actual opinion on the management of unit 13 state it otherwise...

    As far as hunters from outside unit 13 having a say in management. That is how it works when game belongs to the whole state. Last time I checked the caribou are hunted by people all over the state especially anchorage. In fact i am pretty sure a majority of the permits go to people outside unit 13 already. And I am very sure there would be alot of angry hunters if unit 20 took that kind of attitude about moose. The fact is Vince believes things could be handled better in regards to the way permits are dispersed for unit 13 hunts. He is also willing to work to improve it as am I. If you believe things should remain as they are confused and decided in court every year then by all means show up at the bog meeting and say so. write your own proposal about it and send it in. Anyone who has an opinion is free to share it and then defend it, but immature poorly worded and bitter comments are just that.

    btw I am pretty sure Vince isn't putting this much work in for just himself he gets to hunt alot more than most of us. Your comments however do nothing to support "alaskans" unless your opinion is that only people who live in unit 13 or already qualify for the current tier hunt are Alaskan.

    Andrew

  19. #19
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    Well, thanks for clearing that up Luke but, I must say, in entirely, everything you just said needs to be summed up in two sentences of fact that everyone can understand.. Let’s not confuse the issue.. I want to know the subcommittee chair members and their names and WHAT unit they represent before I give them a lick of support.. What’s this? I SAY and all follows.. C’mon, reminds me of how the nation ended all f-ed up. FACTS! Nothing less.. Provide them please..
    Concurrent means parallel, concomitant, simultaneous etc.. I DID’NT use it in the wrong context Luke..
    i think you need to COUNT all the Ac's in the South Central region as the regs are being written for that region... ALL Ac's do in fact have a say and can weigh in on matters that are later translated into Alaska Administrative code and affect ALL Alaskan residents that use that resource, area, Werther it is for subsistence hunting, fishing, recreational activity.. et.. reading this thread i have to ask are you on a lithium overdose?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  20. #20
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    So let me see if I got this right, you want us to vote for you for U.S senate got it. Took me awhile to decipher your message Vince.
    Next time i buy you lunch.... i am serving you the hot dog... JUST to watch you choke on it...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •