Thread: 2011 King Salmon Derby

Default 2011 King Salmon Derby

I've tried contacting some Charter folks that I know for the Derby, and I'm already to late. So is there anyone out there that can send me in the right direction to find out seating availability on some of the more recommended Charters there in Homer?....Thanx

business card.jpg

you're kidding, the charter boats are booked into March? Looks like I'm gonna have to win the derby casting from the spit then

Give Rich Baltzer a call: http://fishhomer.com/ I've been fishing with Rich for winter kings (and halibut, for that matter) for years...he's one of the handful that fish all winter, though in recent years that number seems to have increased, economy and all.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    the charter boats are booked into March?
    I'm pretty sure you can just about name your day other than that Derby day. There isn't an overabundance of charters operating year round. Maybe call the Homer Chamber. It seems to me they have a list, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Homertime View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can just about name your day other than that Derby day. There isn't an overabundance of charters operating year round. Maybe call the Homer Chamber. It seems to me they have a list, but I could be wrong.
    The Chamber does have a listing of charter operators that are Chamber members. They'd definitely be a good place to look.

And there are actually quite a few like me that appreciate the incredible fishing that begins when everyone else has given up on fishing for the year.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com