Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHAT??? I am the first one? Hey Snoozers the draw suppliments out! 011/012

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Talking WHAT??? I am the first one? Hey Snoozers the draw suppliments out! 011/012

here is is boys and girls... let the bickering begin...

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/permi.../draw_supp.pdf on line apps will be accepted beginning 11/01/2010
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

yours may be excepted, but i hope mine will be accepted.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Yep. I'm going to put in for all the less than 1% draw odd hunts. Then if I don't get drawn I can belly ache about how unfair the system is. Then again...if I get drawn I won't hunt it so I can piss off the rest of the folks. Yeah, yeah...that's the ticket
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

and tier II is stuck with 13 only moose right..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Thats right Ret...

here is the Tier one link... read page 4 carfully... IF YOU PUT IN FOR THE NELCHINA HERD YOU WILL GET A PERMIT. but must abide by the conditions. you will also start 10days prior to any draw tags in that unit...
    http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/permi...tier2_supp.pdf YOU MUST BE A ALASKA RESIDENT TO APPLY..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Boy them Tok permits just seem to gradually dissappear year after year!!!

Wait.... I just saw that the DRAWING RESULTS ARE POSTED !!!

There, I was the first to say it.

I tried clicking on the link you posted vince, but it took me to the 2010-2011 draw hunt suppliment. Is there another link that takes me to the 011/012 that you are referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by akskidoo View Post
    I tried clicking on the link you posted vince, but it took me to the 2010-2011 draw hunt suppliment. Is there another link that takes me to the 011/012 that you are referring to?
    The link worked for me. It took me to the '11/'12 supplement. Here it is again in case his just didn't work correctly for you. http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/permi.../draw_supp.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    and tier II is stuck with 13 only moose right..
    I believe there are three different systems for caribou in unit 13. Tier I, the drawing, and community harvest. It does not appear that there is a tier II for caribou in 13 this year. If you go in for the drawing permits, you are not stuck with caribou/moose restrictions to unit 13 like you are with Tier I (applies to entire household). It's up to you which one to choose if you want caribou there. If you want to be guaranteed a caribou permit and don't mind only hunting there, go for tier I. If you don't mind taking a chance in a drawing and want the option to hunt other areas, go with the drawing.

does anyone know where there is a map of the unit 13 sub units for the caribou drawing portion. There seem to be alot of new hunts, and increased numbers this year. I guess I will be putting in for some new hunts. So everyone must be buried in the hunt supplement since no one is posting!!!

For some reason I can't load the web page (maybe everyone's trying all at once?). Could someone post the actual .pdf on here?

Quote Originally Posted by akfishfool View Post
    does anyone know where there is a map of the unit 13 sub units for the caribou drawing portion. There seem to be alot of new hunts, and increased numbers this year. I guess I will be putting in for some new hunts. So everyone must be buried in the hunt supplement since no one is posting!!!
    I think the best thing available is to use the map provided for the unit 13 moose section of the supplement. Based on the description of the caribou hunt area, you should be able to decipher it from the moose maps. It would have been nice if they provided it specific to the caribou especially since they are new subunits, but I think there is enough to figure it out.

Hope that helps.

Nevermind

I just finished doing just that and then I read your post, I guess brilliant minds think alike or desperation breeds invention or something along those lines. The guaranteed permit is tempting, but 1 caribou is not enough to get through the winter, and since I do not have a 4 wheeler and I can't hike very far with disability issues my moose chances would be pretty slim. Looks like I will be putting in for the draw permits. Too bad they don't have a winter moose hunt in 13 then I might be able to do it. Over all on first impression though I think I like the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by jjwillac View Post
    For some reason I can't load the web page (maybe everyone's trying all at once?). Could someone post the actual .pdf on here?
    I'm actually having trouble opening the document in Adobe Reader 8.0 and that is after I have it downloaded locally to my machine. The file is only 2.5gb so size shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    I believe there are three different systems for caribou in unit 13. Tier I, the drawing, and community harvest. It does not appear that there is a tier II for caribou in 13 this year. If you go in for the drawing permits, you are not stuck with caribou/moose restrictions to unit 13 like you are with Tier I (applies to entire household). It's up to you which one to choose if you want caribou there. If you want to be guaranteed a caribou permit and don't mind only hunting there, go for tier I. If you don't mind taking a chance in a drawing and want the option to hunt other areas, go with the drawing.
    its more then that... you could get drawn and never hunt it... as the DRAWINGS will be the first closed out as the quota gets met. and they start 10 days after the tier I

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    I'm actually having trouble opening the document in Adobe Reader 8.0 and that is after I have it downloaded locally to my machine. The file is only 2.5gb so size shouldn't be an issue.
    I'm still having trouble too; I can open the file and view the first page (of course its the boring part!), but when I try scrolling down it freezes up. Happens whether I view it online, or download it to my machine then try with Acrobat reader or PRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    its more then that... you could get drawn and never hunt it... as the DRAWINGS will be the first closed out as the quota gets met. and they start 10 days after the tier I
    Very true. I am not a big fan of this new system, at least not how it is set up currently. If they end up keeping this format (doubt it with the history of this hunt....), they should almost have a separate quota for each hunt as they advertised it. I really don't understand how they think they can have another community hunt after the court decision, but I may have just missed where it was allowed in some format. Hopefully I won't be out of state the next time the BOG meetings come up concerning this unit.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Very true. I am not a big fan of this new system, at least not how it is set up currently. If they end up keeping this format (doubt it with the history of this hunt....), they should almost have a separate quota for each hunt as they advertised it. I really don't understand how they think they can have another community hunt after the court decision, but I may have just missed where it was allowed in some format. Hopefully I won't be out of state the next time the BOG meetings come up concerning this unit.
    march........

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast