Thread: blacktail weight??

Default blacktail weight??

What does a large buck weigh? I shot a good whitetail friday with the bow and had to put it on the scale, it dressed out at 215lbs. Large for this area.

Quote Originally Posted by headhunter353 View Post
    What does a large buck weigh? I shot a good whitetail friday with the bow and had to put it on the scale, it dressed out at 215lbs. Large for this area.
    About 30% less. Which is nice, because, as with a nicely proportioned girl, when it's time to take her home you can just throw her over your shoulder.

Same here ,average about 150lbs dressed.I was looking at some of the photos and you guys kill some pigs.I would love to hunt one on my goat hunt next year.

It is directly proportional to the nastiness of the pack out. Shale + rain + bugs + alders = 500 lbs
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

150 - 175# on the hoof. 200# live weight would be an absolute beast. Biggest I've ever shot might have gone 175#, but I don't bring a scale with me and go thru the experiment.

Several have gone over 225 and can rach 250 or so. I know one that weithted 105 pounds of boned meat. So they can get big, but most will come out around 125 to 150 pounds field dressed. Jim

I weighed out everything, excepting the entrails of an average nice buck on Western Kodiak this summer and it came out to 192lbs,
    He was not super, just a 3x3 rack, but seemed his body was Well Filled out and Lots of Fat on him, in August. Some Tasty Too !!
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I sure would like to hunt them ,my taxidermist is up there now chasing them .Here's my luck I shot one[the whitetail] I can cut off at the neck and not have to cape it but no he will not be home till the 1st of nov.That guy never has to cape any of my animals.

Largest I ever killed gave up 86 pounds of boned, completely trimmed meat.

70 lbs of boned out meat on my kid's dear. It was a fat pig. I bet that deer went 200# easy. Considering that you get about 1/3 of live weight off a moose when your remove all the fat, bones and waste pieces, I bet it's about the same for a deer.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I weighed out everything