Thread: Kodiak hunt starting today.

Default Kodiak hunt starting today.

I'm sitting in a hotel on Kodiak waiting for the charter flight to drop me off on my 2 week brown bear hunt. Clear skys are here for now so I won't get wet setting up camp hopefully. I'll post results in two weeks or so.

I wish I could go this year good luck.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Have a great trip! Be safe...shoot straight.
    Proud to be an American!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

good luck have a great time.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Man, you have got one NICE weather forecast, have fun,
    the Bears are out and about big time, can't wait to hear your report
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Good luck That shotgun you sold us a couple years ago accounted for a few turkeys..my daughter loves it Hopefully that will get you some big bear kharma.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Good Luck!!

Back a few days early. Saw 5 bears all way up high. I didn't see any fresh sign either bear or dear below 3/4 up the mountains. Of course the ones I saw were always on the other side after I hiked up one side or the other. I went down with a friend who was helping one of his friends who also had a tag. He hunted the a different area than I did. 22 minutes after he woke up the first day he downed one within 200 yards of camp. My buddy in the photo is 6' 6". They haven't measured the bear skin yet.

AKDoug which shotgun was that. I've sold quite a few in the few years. Congrats on the turkeys. They do taste good.

Looks like a nice one and I'm sure that the hide is great. Strange to see no snow on the ground.