Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone in Anchorage or the Valley carry SWFA super sniper scopes?

Default Anyone in Anchorage or the Valley carry SWFA super sniper scopes?

Thinking of picking one up, and was curious to see if anyone carries them locally. Anybody got one, how do you like em?
    Thanks Billy

Friend, there is one place on the planet to get Super Sniper scopes, literally. Below page contains all the info you require. They are a good value. There is always better for more money, but very few scopes can touch these for value.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-Rifle-Scopes-C187.aspx

The Super Sniper line is made by Tasco only for SWFA.

I have seen one it and it is still a Tasco. You can put Rosie O'Donnell in lingerie and thigh high latex boots and she is still Rosie ODonnel

I would never hunt with one. Tasco, Simmons, Bushnell (to name a few) are all crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    I have seen one it and it is still a Tasco. You can put Rosie O'Donnell in lingerie and thigh high latex boots and she is still Rosie ODonnel
    Oh The Horror.

See this post proves that this forum is loaded with a bunch of know it all snobs who would complain if they were hung with a silk rope.

Quote Originally Posted by woundedknee View Post
    See this post proves that this forum is loaded with a bunch of know it all snobs who would complain if they were hung with a silk rope.

Sorry to diss your personal scopewoobie, but the facts are the facts
    As for me, I wanted a Hensoldt 4-16x56FF as my scope, so like the snob I am, I saved up for a whole year for it by doing things like quitting smoking and drinking Lattes and foregoing the fancy groceries.

Snob or not i was a tasco user for years and i had a guy show me the diff of what the eye releaf is. I will never have another on a rifle again. They are alright for the money meaning tasco, but you never want to scimp on the scope.
    Now that i have that out of the way i am not sure what the cost is for those or what you plan on using the scope for but i use leopold on everything now and have been very pleased with them. There are others out there as well as i am sure you are awear of.
    Good luck

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Matt and Sweepint, now you tell me the Simmons, bushnell and Tasco are junk ! I've been using all three on the rifle range for forty years,well the Tasco anyway,and I keep shooting 1/2" and 1/4' groups with them , I just don't understand it.Three months ago I bought a 98 mauser with a heavy barrel in 6.5x55 with a Tasco Super Scope already on it and my first group was under 1/2", I can see I will have to junk them all if they're no good.And the Bushnell 6500 was so bright and clear too.Thanks for the good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Sorry to diss your personal scopewoobie, but the facts are the facts
    As for me, I wanted a Hensoldt 4-16x56FF as my scope, so like the snob I am, I saved up for a whole year for it by doing things like quitting smoking and drinking Lattes and foregoing the fancy groceries.
    I see no facts here sir, only opinion and subjective commentary. If you have statistics on manufacturer failure rate, scientific measurement of optical quality and some double blind test reports, then you may have some facts.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrex13 View Post
    I see no facts here sir, only opinion and subjective commentary. If you have statistics on manufacturer failure rate, scientific measurement of optical quality and some double blind test reports, then you may have some facts.
    Give me a break. After being here for 15 years and seeing broken, unfixable, crappy optics Tascos, Simmons, Bushnells and the like, I wouldnt put any one of those scopes on anything.

We wont even sell them, despite the fact that the profit margins on same are TWICE, percentage wise, that of Leupold, Swarovski, Zeiss and Hensoldt.

I doubt you would find many folks here disagree

Well sir, as for these Leopold, Swarovski, Zeiss and Hensoldt scopes they have some of the best glass optics to be had in the world. Like i stated earlier i had used Tasco and Bushnell for some 40yrs myself mainly because i could not afford the others. I then was shown the big diff in eye relief, clarity, light and low light picture after that it did not take long to start changing out the other for mainly Leopold.

Simmons was by far the worst i have ever had; the clarity was terrible on high magnification. Tasco's world class was not bad and the Bushnell was about the same. If you have a problem with Leopold ten yrs down the road they will fix it. I bit you don't get the same response on those other buck and a half scopes. They are all fine for the shooter that goes out a few time a year to shoot.

Mainly if they work well for you and you are happy with them that is all that matters.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

If you have a problem with Leopold ten yrs down the road they will fix it.
    Ten years? I just had a free rebuild on an M7 4x? How old is that?

Kid had his scope from the 1950s REPLACED under warranty IIRC

I purchased my first centerfire rifle at the age of 14. This was over 20 years ago. It was a used remington 788 in 308. It came with a tasco scope. Even at the age of 14, I realized the tasco scope was garbage. I saved up my money and replaced it with a Redfield. I still have that set up and it works great. I would never consider a tasco scope for a serious hunting rifle.

If you want to buy junk, its your money and its a free country.

Quote Originally Posted by ratchit View Post
    Matt and Sweepint, now you tell me the Simmons, bushnell and Tasco are junk ! I've been using all three on the rifle range for forty years,well the Tasco anyway,and I keep shooting 1/2" and 1/4' groups with them , I just don't understand it.Three months ago I bought a 98 mauser with a heavy barrel in 6.5x55 with a Tasco Super Scope already on it and my first group was under 1/2", I can see I will have to junk them all if they're no good.And the Bushnell 6500 was so bright and clear too.Thanks for the good advice.
    I can shoot quarter foot groups with open sites........

After shooting a zeiss I have a hard time putting a leupold on one of my rifles. Sad thing is that is just the zeiss conquest I am affraid to look through the higher end zeiss, swaro, or leica scopes for fear of seeing what I am missing!! As far as tasco goes, they would probably do everything I need them to do at the range. I shoot during the day in the sunlight, unfortunately moose tend to wonder out at near dark or after a week of rain and temps bouncing above and below freezing. Just the kind of weather that will show you what you "saved" when you bought the cheap scope!

Anybody buying a Super Sniper scope probably isn't hunting with it. It would mostly likely go on a paper puncher.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    After shooting a zeiss I have a hard time putting a leupold on one of my rifles. Sad thing is that is just the zeiss conquest I am affraid to look through the higher end zeiss, swaro, or leica scopes for fear of seeing what I am missing!! As far as tasco goes, they would probably do everything I need them to do at the range. I shoot during the day in the sunlight, unfortunately moose tend to wonder out at near dark or after a week of rain and temps bouncing above and below freezing. Just the kind of weather that will show you what you "saved" when you bought the cheap scope!
    when You get back here, meet us at the range.....look through the Hensoldt (Zeiss) I have and you will be scope ruined for life.

I purchased my first centerfire rifle at the age of 14. This was over 20 years ago.
    Hiding our true age again I see

I get a kick out of how people can spend the money they do for hunting, etc, but when it comes time for a quality scope they go el cheapo and try to justify how a $100 scope is worth owning or, even worse, is worth depending on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast