Thread: Two more pics Denali/Delta

Default Two more pics Denali/Delta

Couldn't figure out how to add more pics to my last thread (if you know, do tell). Here are two more. Pax and I with a sharpie,and one of my favorites.......Paxson and I both taking in the incredible view! Enjoy!DSCN1982.jpgDSCN1980.jpg

Hoyt,

Paxson looks great! Tough to hunt when there are a lot of folks around. We were going to head up a trail Sat. and found a crowd there so instead bucked brush up another mountain. Saw several flocks flying around the top (3,000 ft) but diddn't get into any that we could connect with. Not sure how long the Denali is passable but maybe you'll get another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    Couldn't figure out how to add more pics to my last thread (if you know, do tell).
    Hit "reply" underneath your existing post and then "go advanced" under the text box that opens. That will allow you to add pictures by clicking on "manage attachments".

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hit "reply" underneath your existing post and then "go advanced" under the text box that opens. That will allow you to add pictures by clicking on "manage attachments".
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sameyer View Post
    Hoyt,

Paxson looks great! Tough to hunt when there are a lot of folks around. We were going to head up a trail Sat. and found a crowd there so instead bucked brush up another mountain. Saw several flocks flying around the top (3,000 ft) but diddn't get into any that we could connect with. Not sure how long the Denali is passable but maybe you'll get another chance.
    Thanks sameyer! We were about the same altitude (I always wear my watch with an altimeter), but I really think the number of caribou hunters were part of the problem. I'll get back down there a few more times this winter. I also hunt a little closer to home, to save on time and money as winter progresses. I'll get him on ptarmies soon enough! lol

Yep, Paxson is indeed a nice looking dog. And that shotgun looks like a Model 37 perhaps? Each of us is very lucky to be who we are, and where we are. I feel so sorry for those who live in big cities all across the lower 48, and who don't know the power and the thrill of hunting over a fine dog in wilderness.

I'm going out again tomorrow.

Hoyt, one of these days we need to get together.

Jim

PS.Here's a shot of my youngest Brittany, Charlie, just the other day with a ruffed grouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McCann View Post
    Yep, Paxson is indeed a nice looking dog. And that shotgun looks like a Model 37 perhaps? Each of us is very lucky to be who we are, and where we are. I feel so sorry for those who live in big cities all across the lower 48, and who don't know the power and the thrill of hunting over a fine dog in wilderness.

I'm going out again tomorrow.

Hoyt, one of these days we need to get together.

Jim

PS.Here's a shot of my youngest Brittany, Charlie, just the other day with a ruffed grouse.

Great pic, beautiful dog. Thanks for the kind words! Paxson has been a dream so far. Although very green, he is progressing well! We are very lucky indeed. You couldn't be more right! By the way nice eye! Model 37 in 16 gauge circa 1957. Love that gun so much. I've looked at a few O/U, but decided to put my limited funds into a good dog (glad I did). I can't put the old Ithaca down anyway. My hunting partner TH carries the same gun in 12 gauge (1953). We call them our lunch pail guns! Not pretty, but gets the job done. lol Thanks again Jim, and I would love to get together some time! Take care.

I tell ya, you guys Hunting with Dogs look like you are having a great time, I'm envious

Love that first photo Hoyt, good one to make that your avatar, what a classic
    Jim, yours is a beauty also
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    I tell ya, you guys Hunting with Dogs look like you are having a great time, I'm envious

Love that first photo Hoyt, good one to make that your avatar, what a classic
    Jim, yours is a beauty also
    Thank you! Working the dog is about 90% of upland hunting to me!