Thread: Is it summer yet???

Default Is it summer yet???

cause I am ready. Bought a new tackle box at sportsmans and loaded her up tonight with the trusty same ole. I could catch any fresh water fishin in AK with this box. :-) I still need some more of my custom tied flies though. I suppose you could say I fan of the spoon.

Talking

I am starting to get the fealing that I am a tackle collector rather than just a fisherman.

Things dont change much, my Alaska tackle box and spoons etc look almost identical and I have carried it for over 20 years!

Doug

Talking

I likethe sand flea fly on the 3rd tray next to the ol stand by bobber. Some call them Seward or Lagoon specials. Later in the summer the fleas get bigger and you see those tied on some really big trebbles!!!

I call'um Billy Clintons, but sand flea is good too. Someone told me one time fish LOVE the taste of that one.

My tackle box is usually jam packed with crud, but that was my old single tray tackle box that wasnt even fit to be used as a tool box. I figured I would take a picture because the tackle box is not going to look as neat come this fall.

Just picked up two 5 gallon buckets of lead. Gonna make some halibut weights this weekend.. Starting to have that special feeling.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK