Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my first ever predator

Default my first ever predator

this summer i bought a foxpro stpitfire predator caller. this weekend i went out gave it a spin. it was my first time calling for predators. i set the caller out about ten feet to my right. i started playing the snowshoe rabbit sound. after about 7 minutes of calling i turn to the right and see a fox sitting about three feet from the caller! i put the crosshairs on his neck and pulled the trigger on my savage 22. long rifle. he was one and done! my first ever predator called in and shot. i am officially hooked on predator hunting!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P9240073.jpg   P9240069.jpg  

Wow! Beginner's luck isn't such a bad thing, eh? Congratulations on a beautiful fox!

Nice job youngster.
    I'm Pro-Pike.

Congrats on a great first hunt!

Looking at the thumbnail pic I though WOW that's a big fox!! Then I opened it up and realized the shooter was just a pup!

Well done young man, great Photo!!!!

Nice Fox, what are you going to make with it???

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

great job, your one up on me... i can call in Bears but have yet to get a fox on a call... and for some reson... when i aim down on one... i tend to miss... HMMM>>> guess i have to stick to those snares... congrats on that Fox...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Nice one. Well done.

the story dosnt end there. the next stand i made after that i called in a lynx! after about 30min of calling i stood up to walk over and get the caller. when i stood up i saw a HEUGE lynx sneaking in on me. i aimed on him and then realized that lynx season has'nt started yet. close call good thing i didnt pull the trigger!

i plan to tan up the fox and hang him in my room.

Congrats!!

Way to go! Your hours per critter are WAY better than mine! What part of the state are you in anyway??
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Congratulations on your first fox! Now, pat yourself on the back for knowing the regulations and holding the shot on the lynx - a true sportsman - way to go!

i was hunting the lake louise are. after shooting three rabbits(shown below) i figured where rabbits are there are likely to be critters chasing them.

thanks for all the replies,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P9240059.jpg   P9240053.jpg  

Were you on foot the whole time or using a wheeler? Pretty impressive to have that kind of response!! I have been thinking about investing in a FoxPro for a while now and I think you have sold me on them!

nice job joefish!!..thats a nice looking fox and those bunnies are pretty nice too...yeah just about two more weeks til lynx opens up....have fun with your new addiction...pretty soon you'll be saving your lunch money for a new rifle....then another one....then you'll wanna paint one
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

That's some Phenomenal Hunting there Joe, Absolute Congratulations on the Beauty of a Fox and THEN,

Calling a Huge Lynx !?!, that's a great job, Cool that you were on top of the regs but not getting to shoot doesn't take much away from having tricked a Lynx into your sights, That's Really Good setup and thinking, strategy, etc.

and Nice Rabbits as well, You are One Serious Hunter Man, Thanks for posting your story,
    Jacks us all up for the coming winter
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

The results seem to speak for themselves but I would like to hear more on that FP Spitfire. It would rock if you would update us on how it does occasionally through the season. I am set on getting a foxpro but I really don't know which one. I am not so serious that I can really justify the top model though I will if the lower end ones are not loud enough. The reports I am reading online seem to say it is a good unit. I am very curious about the range of the remote, volume, battery time and of course how effective it is!

Cool, I remember my fist called in fox. I think I was about 12, the adrenaline rush was unreal. Now Im a junkie. When its too cold to hunt birds I switch to predators and love it. Kudos for knowing the regs.
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

Way to go Joe, nice fox and good calling. Your average animals per stand is way better than mine for sure. Glad that FoxPro Spitfire is working for you, those are nice little calls.

I have a spitfire and it does well for what I do. I have several memory cards with different sounds and the remote programmer so It suits me just fine and I saved a couple hundred dollars over the other models.

actually thats the only reason i got the fp spitfire. it was the only one i could afford. trust me, hunting and fishing are expensive hobbies when you have a kids budget! especially when you demand quality equipment like me. actually i am saving up to buy a 223. riffle around christmas.

i will let you know how i do with that fp spitfire the rest of the season so keep your eyes open for updates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast