Thread: Boat owners name by registration number.

Default Boat owners name by registration number.

Is there a site to get the name of a boat owner by boat registration numbers? Google isn't coming up with it.

Thanks,
    Mike

No, there isn't.

Way back when, the state courthouse kept a microfiche file open to the public, where you could look up motor vehicle registration by plate number, VIN and/or owner name (all cross-referenced). With heightened awareness for stalking, identity theft, etc. they made all that info restricted from public access. With boat registration now under the auspices of state DMV, the same restrictions apply.

Actually, there might be, but it is not free. There is a service that pulls together a bunch of the public records for a fee. The site is www.ingens.com. I think the minimum is $90 for 60 minutes, but it has court records, land ownership and other public information. I looked at their site to confirm that they have the boat registration information, and I don't see a listing, but I was told that this was there in the past.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    Actually, there might be, but it is not free. There is a service that pulls together a bunch of the public records for a fee. The site is www.ingens.com. I think the minimum is $90 for 60 minutes, but it has court records, land ownership and other public information. I looked at their site to confirm that they have the boat registration information, and I don't see a listing, but I was told that this was there in the past.
    The key here is PUBLIC RECORDS. It may have been there in the past, because as previous poster referenced, it used to be public info and is no longer. As for the pay for info websites, and there are many of them; they promise you the moon, but they can't necessarily deliver. They only have access to public information, and the defination of that is subject to individual State laws. For example, a web site might advertise that they can get you marriage and divorce records, but in Alaska those records are not made public until many years after. You're not going to find Alaska DMV registration info on any website, it's not public info. Don't waste your money.