Thread: 2 stroke oil

Default 2 stroke oil

So what are you all using? I have 11 600 shift and a 11 550 iq. I looked at the Polaris stuff and about fell over. No I'm not a cheap skate but there has to be better alternative than Polaris oil.

On my machines with power valves like your 600 Shift I use brand name or high quality synthetic only until my waranty is up. I suck up the price and know that my machine is getting the best. Call around to the Polaris shops. Many have bulk barrels that will sell the high grade oil by the gallon if you brind in your own jug.

That being said, my kid has thousands of miles on his old INDY 500's running the cheapest TWC-3 grade oil we sell in my hardware store with no oil related issues..
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I run Amsoil in everything, but it is not any less expensive.
    BK

Welcome to the world of synthetic oil and power valves. You don't have to use name brand oil, as long as it meets the same standards it shouldn't affect your warranty....but have fun cleaning the valves. Oh ya, get ready for the deluge of Scamsoil dealers to fill your thread. It is good oil, but no better or cheaper than any of the OEM oils.

No way around it I guess just buy the Polaris stuff and be done with it.

Amsoil Interceptor!!!!!!!

I can supply it for cheap to you from my bulk barrel. My forcast for this years price is somewhere between $27/$28 a gallon this year. If you do not have jugs I also have them real cheap also if needed. I buy a 55 gallon drum and then share costs. This keeps my costs down so I can ride more. Last year I purchased and shared over 150 gallons of 2 stroke oil so it's fresh (unlike some dealers where it has been sitting all summer). Anyone interested PM me.

Now I will tell you one thing right from the start. Amsoil tends to make sleds a little oil rich because the Amsoil has better flow properties at colder temps. So there is a need to dial back the oil calibration a little sometimes.

MORSNO I welcome you to stop by any time and pull my power valves. I have sleds that have not had power valves cleaned in years. Most of the problems with power valves comes from improper injection mixture. Most make the mistake of not adjusting their oil injection when changing to Amsoil or any other synthetic then OEM. They set the mixture at the factory using their oil at room temperature not during riding conditions. I believe most of the reason comes from most do not realize they are running much richer as most full synthetics tend to be smokeless.

BK please PM if interested in sharing from my bulk container. Lets see if I can lower your expenses.

What if the oil one is using is a full synthetic like Polaris stuff. Do you still need yo adjust mixture with amsoil. They want 39.99 for a gallon of the Polaris stuff so going your route sounds good. I be there with 5 gallon jugs and get it from you.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    What if the oil one is using is a full synthetic like Polaris stuff. Do you still need yo adjust mixture with amsoil. They want 39.99 for a gallon of the Polaris stuff so going your route sounds good. I be there with 5 gallon jugs and get it from you.
    I sent you a PM