Thread: speaking of tracks for a 6X, new ones are out for the new big boss!

Default speaking of tracks for a 6X, new ones are out for the new big boss!

Well almost, january they will be available. 6k is what they are going to cost. but that is alot of awesome you get with that money

Yeah, someone posted a pic of that a while back. 6K is hard to swallow, but you are right...the COC (coefficient of cool) is off the charts!

No these are new. The other pic shows 6 total tracks and those retailed for 8K. This design just has the two in the rear and the two in the front. They are called prospector tracks and are sold through polaris. Course if someone did post this I appoligize for calling you out. The guy at polaris just told me about these a few weeks ago after he got back from the dealers convention

Ah, you are correct. Sorry, bud...

2K less is a considerable savings!!!

Any mention if they were making them for the Ranger. Not sure if the dimensions are the same, but the engineering, design, and function is the same for the rear of the sportsman as it is for the Ranger so why not.

I didnt ask about the ranger. I got this news from alaska power sports if you want to give them a call. I dont know. Pretty much most my brain says dont get these tracks. But the other little part I have no control of is probably gonna make me buy these tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    I didnt ask about the ranger. I got this news from alaska power sports if you want to give them a call. I dont know. Pretty much most my brain says dont get these tracks. But the other little part I have no control of is probably gonna make me buy these tracks.
    Hmmm....if you get these tracks, I wonder what new appliance or household device your better half will get? New granite counter tops, a jacuuzi tub?

If you did get them, I would have to get a Nodwell to keep up or you could just tie the Big Bear behind it.

Interesting! I was one of them that posted the older pics and they were actually over 9k when I priced them. I will be picking up my new big boss in the next month or two if they ever get the 2011's in up here! Sure would be cool to pick up a set of these as well, but I dont see that happening any time soon!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Hey, on that note Matt, have you done any mods on yours yet or built a rack for the bed?

Here is the rack I bought. Sorry, its the only pic I have of it. Its been pretty nice. I like the built in gun boot holder. If your gonna stack alot of gear in the bed this thing is a must have. I need to modify it to hold those flat gas cans more securely though

46959_1425115549047_1267504390_31133100_4353790_n.jpg

Next mod will be handwarmers, id like to get one of those chair stands maybe.

Wow, thats quite the stuck! You need some 37" mud lites so you could have gotten stuck further into that mess and had a little tougher time getting out!

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    Any mention if they were making them for the Ranger. Not sure if the dimensions are the same, but the engineering, design, and function is the same for the rear of the sportsman as it is for the Ranger so why not.
    I've been looking too. The link below is all I can find for the Ranger 6x....I dont know how it would work on a 2010.

http://www.thetrackscompany.com/32/41.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'N'Photos View Post
    Wow, thats quite the stuck! You need some 37" mud lites so you could have gotten stuck further into that mess and had a little tougher time getting out!
    she came right on out of that with just a bump of the winch. all i had was this rotten tiny tree to grab. but thats all it took!
    Here is a good stuck
    bigbearaugered.jpg
    The 6x yarded it right on out no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by outaMT View Post
    I've been looking too. The link below is all I can find for the Ranger 6x....I dont know how it would work on a 2010.

http://www.thetrackscompany.com/32/41.html
    I think if you pick up a new polaris catalog, they will be in there. The tracks for the big boss are in there, but you cant find them online. I havnt actually seen the catalog, but a buddy told me the big boss tracks were in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'N'Photos View Post
    Hey, on that note Matt, have you done any mods on yours yet or built a rack for the bed?

Cory,

Let me know when you want to build a rack... I am not set up to do aluminum yet, but if you want to go with steel we can build up something very much custom for a lot cheaper than the cookie cutter ones the dealers carry.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Cory,

Let me know when you want to build a rack... I am not set up to do aluminum yet, but if you want to go with steel we can build up something very much custom for a lot cheaper than the cookie cutter ones the dealers carry.
    shoot that would have been nice to know!

The new Can-Am's also have the option of a track system - Apache I think - and installation does not adversely affect warranty.

http://www.atv.com/news/brp-upgrades...nder-1481.html
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

If you are interested, take a walk over to http://prcforum.com Look for the PRC Winter Section, Tracks/Plow/Winter Activities, 2011 6X6 Tracks. Look for Postings from/buy "Sparx" (Gavin). This Member is into this track thing and Polaris 6X6 Rangers big time.

Bruce.

Not sure if these are the same as the standard prospector Polaris tracks. I have had two Polaris dealers that sell a lot of the tracks tell me not to buy the prospertor tracks as they have had a lot of complaints about them. Both dealers recommended the Tatou 4s tracks. I have not owned any of them so this is just hearsay.