Thread: cordova charters ?

Default cordova charters ?

I am looking into going to cordova but need to find a charter to get out any suggestions, I have tried coastal outfitters no luck there.

I spend a lot of time there, but cannot think of any off the top of my head. The Cordova Rose used to have duck hunting guides, but I've talked to them and they are out of that kind of gig. Mostly do on your own and do some homework or find someone willing to take you out and about. Looking for puddle duck hunting? It's around, and several people on this forum have been and figured them out in short time. Sea ducks, if you're looking for a guide, Valdez which Tim Bouchard is the way to go. He does very well and has many satisfied clients.

You might also look at Buck Brown, Seldovia Hunting Charters. Excellent shooting, great prices and a nice place to stay.
    Duck Don

I have wondered about this too. Maybe a guy could take his truck and boat over there on the ferry, and access marshes off the road system.
    Or perhaps you are wanting a sea duck trip.

take the ferry, a truck with camper,a raft and small outboard.go to the local watering hole thats open and start asking questions.you will have fun, and lots of opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksducks View Post
    take the ferry, a truck with camper,a raft and small outboard.go to the local watering hole thats open and start asking questions.you will have fun, and lots of opinions.
    Bur remember, not everyone that lives in Cordova are friendly to outsiders.

yeah, like anywhere remote, they like their privacy.cordova is a hunting and fishing paradise, thats why most the locals are still against building a road. i have spent 6 years commercial fishing/hunting out of cdv and think its one of the best places in AK. the locals pretty much have the place to themselves, and want to keep it that way.

I've been there the past couple seasons and it's a lot of fun. A jet boat would be sweet here. It is a little more protected than K-bay, but look out for those northerly winds if you go sea duckin.