Thread: Pros & Cons of tracks on Polaris 6x6

Default Pros & Cons of tracks on Polaris 6x6

Have a 98 6x6 and was thinking of putting tracks on it. Are they worth putting on or will I be fighting them on trips in the back country? Thanks...

ive never driven them. But I did work at the polaris parts counter for awhile. I had alot of customers come in for bearings, chains from the tracks being hard on them. But I hear they are pretty skookum with a set of tracks.

My understanding is that they're great in swampy areas, not ideal in rocky/hard-trailed areas. My father and I both bought used six wheelers in the last year, and he bought the tracks with his for us to share. I'll give 'em a shot next year, but many of the places I go aren't wet enough to justify them. But I've got one spot in mind....man, if I could get across that swamp, I feel like I'd be in a moose wonderland.

larger turning radius, and very tough on wheel bearings, chains and sprockets, but can go more places. everything has a compromise

i had one with tracks years ago. that thing could cross the tussocks and wet stuff nooo problem. if you had weight in the back, like say a moose, it would take some of the weight off the front end and go even better it seemed like. if you have a place that would be accessible with tracks only, it would be worth it for moose alone.

I have tracks on a 350 Polaris, it has 2 extra tires and wheels so it is a 6 wheeler, the tracks go around the back two wheels (the rear drivers and the idler set of wheels) and tracks around the front wheels, It is called a II tracker kit. I can go in mud and water you cannot walk over. I have put a duck blind on the back that was 6 foot wide, 8 feet long and 8 feet tall, I drove it about 2 miles to the duck pond, it looked like a house going thru the woods. This set up makes the machine very stable and can go anyplace.