Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sportsman's Warehouse for sale in Wasilla

Default Sportsman's Warehouse for sale in Wasilla

Don't know where else to post this.

I saw the Sportsman's Warehouse building for sale on Craig's List. Are they doing that bad?

Seems odd a national chain like SW would post on Craigslist to sell a store...
    "Your papers are not in order"

They may not own their own building. Generally businesses lease the building from a different owner. So...maybe SW is doing fine, but the owner of the building is selling out.

The Devlopment Corp for that entire strip is in dire straits. When Wasilla denied the access road being built between Sally's and Windbreak, that killed the whole deal for them. Two of the investors have already washed their hands and bailed from the state. Went to Portland, Oregon. Portions of it have been divvied up among the rest. Not too sure who owns what now. I know the restraunt they build west of town has never had a burger cooked in it. Lot of scared money being put into coffee cans now, instead of getting circulated.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I searched on Craigslist and didn't see it. Just being blind to night. Do you have a link to the sale?

Default unused restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    I know the restraunt they build west of town has never had a burger cooked in it.
    Is that the real new looking building that has a sign out front (I think) that says "Restaurant", right on the Parks? Somewhere kinda close to the Big Lake turnoff?

If so, I always wondered how such a new looking building for a restaurant could look so generic and so new and so for sale....

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Is that the real new looking building that has a sign out front (I think) that says "Restaurant", right on the Parks? Somewhere kinda close to the Big Lake turnoff?

If so, I always wondered how such a new looking building for a restaurant could look so generic and so new and so for sale....

Yep, that's the one. Closer to Wasilla though, basically across from Church on the Rock. Been there for several years now and has never had an occupant.... Kinda sad really.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Unhappy sad

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Kinda sad really.
    I've always thought so too, every darn time I see it.

Who the heck builds a restaurant "in the middle of nowhere" on spec? Sorry, but that just ain't smart thinkin'. Guess that's obvious now, especially to those that have their greenbacks tied up in that.... It is sad.

That building north of Wasilla is so over priced no one ever stay in business there. It's main investor owned a bunch of pink malls in Anchorage years ago.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

The sportsman's down here in spokane was sold and now is wholesale sports and I read in the paper that the company was closing more stores. So I was shock to see so many stores up there when I was there.

What about that Red Robin they're building? Same landowners?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    What about that Red Robin they're building? Same landowners?
    Yes. It was originally supposed to have been an Applebees, but that fell through. Costco was supposed to have built an outlet there as well, but that fell through. The Bank now owns the never occupied Restaraunt west of town. Some of you might be part owners, by default.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Cool thanks. I searched for the name and nothing popped up.

Yeah looks like just the building for sale. It may well be a good deal too depending on what the 12yr triple net lease agreement looks like.

Wow is that 11 Million they are asking or 1.1 million if it is 11 million holy smokes! So is sportsman going to relocate whats the deal They are a way better store than the one in Anchorage.

Its says 11 mil I would think its a typo unless it is half full of gold bars but not interested enough to call about it

I went in there to look at shotguns today and this one person happened to be looking at the shotgun I came in to look at. I mentioned the online print out rebate to him that he could take advantage of if he bought it, and then I jokingly said that if he cares to buy the building for 11.6 million they throw in one for free. The lady behind the counter responded to my joke by saying, "No, they'll charge you double." That made me go

Default Thnaks

Thanks fnsakdel for covering for me. You step away for a minute & the world passes you by.

Cary

I stopped by yesterday and talked to one of the folks and they said that it is just the building for sale. They said that Sportsman's is doing fine and is not going out of business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast