Thread: anyone been out for bunnies AROUND DELTA

Default anyone been out for bunnies AROUND DELTA

Just wondering if anyone has been out looking for rabbits around delta, I need some fresh bunny sausage, and I need to get the kids out hunting, they are going nuts since moose season ended. Also has anyone else been seeing alot of spruce hens this year? it seems like their numbers are way up compared to ruffed grouse.

Bunny sausage? Tell me about this...I too like scaring/shooting bunnies and was thinking about trying to make pepper sticks or burger out of them, but was discouraged by the thought of deboning a bunch of hares prior to grinding.

I usually throw them into the crock pot with a bottle of bbq sauce and then into the smoker for a few minutes...

This is making me hungry, where's my 22...

Bunnies are scarce East of Delta...the down cycle started last year.....I did see a bunch just North of Summit Lake on the richardson.

Saw a few out bird hunting on Friday. None on the Denali Highway, but as VernAk stated a number of them Norht of Summit up through Greely area. Saw two in North Pole the other day, that were all white. The ones I saw down in the Summit/Delta area were mostly white splashed in gray. Good Luck!