Thread: Curious about West Twin Lake area

Default Curious about West Twin Lake area

Does anyone have any information/experience around the West Twin Lake area? If so, how are the mosquitoes and other bugs in the summer season? Are there vast areas of unstructured land surrounding it? Good fishing in the lake? I'm looking to buy and build a cabin on the land in summer 2011 and wanted to see if anyone had any advice or anything to report about this land. Thanks.

AKHiatus
    I was out that way once in the fall so the bugs were not an issue.
    Have you ever looked at that area in Google earth? nothing for miles.
    Not to much privet property out that way.
    You probably don't want to winter out there.
    Kevin
    Are we talking about goals or are we talking about dreams? AkKevin The one and only

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanhiatus View Post
    Does anyone have any information/experience around the West Twin Lake area? If so, how are the mosquitoes and other bugs in the summer season? Are there vast areas of unstructured land surrounding it? Good fishing in the lake? I'm looking to buy and build a cabin on the land in summer 2011 and wanted to see if anyone had any advice or anything to report about this land. Thanks.
    You would be better on Lake Clark where there is a fair amount of private land. The National Park Service frowns on building in the park.

West Twin in the Tanana Valley?
    Tim

Mosquitos will be bad. Winters will be cold. It's interior Alaska. There's an ad on Craigs list selling a lot out there.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Mosquitos will be bad. Winters will be cold. It's interior Alaska. There's an ad on Craigs list selling a lot out there.
    oh the bugs aint that bad...when the wind blows real hard you will get some air to breath at least.. and since they have no natural predator out here. then they get large enough you can see them coming 1/2 mile away... that gives you time to start the transfusion.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Tim, yes, West Twin in the Tanana Valley. Are you familiar with it?

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanhiatus View Post
    Tim, yes, West Twin in the Tanana Valley. Are you familiar with it?

Yes I have been there. I don't know how many cabins are there but my guess is about 6.
    Tim