Thread: Need a synthetic stock

Default Need a synthetic stock

Need to replace the wood stock (cracked) on my 7mm mag with a synthetic. Wasn't looking to spend much over $200, but can and will if I need too. Want something fairly light and with a good feel. Let me know what you like.

Thanks

well first thing to do is tell us what action and length your gun is, someone might have one for you. I always check ebay, I bought a mc millian there for $100.00. there are not a ton of $200 stocks but a few, I have an older bell & carlson that I am very happy with, it was only $190

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Howabouta Hogue?

I bought an older B&C, that was so bad the holes didn't even line up, and it had to be glass bedded too. I still don't like it, so don't use it.

Smitty of the North

Default Action...

is a Mauser 98 long action. Can't tell you the manufacturer. Its a thirty year old gun that was passed on from my father. I've had it to two gun shops and no one can tell me exactly who made it, not that it affect what stock I need. I'll get the marking and run it by everyone here, maybe you'll have some ideas.

The Hogues are too bulky and heavy for what I'm using it for (sheep & goat).

As I said, I can and will spend more than $200 if you know of a good stock.

look at brownells.com they will have a buch of em' as for the drop in stocks....well you are gonna pay for it in weight. I have the weatherby ultralight rifle and HATE the stock.....they could have done a lot better. A bedding job is pretty standard on any aftermarket light weight stock that average guys can afford.