Thread: Kimber Talkeetna .375 H&H PLEASE HELP!!!

Default Kimber Talkeetna .375 H&H PLEASE HELP!!!

Found what I think is a good deal on one. but don't know much about em' so this is the beginning of my research.

How do they feel? clunky? solid?

Do they shoot well?

Any problems with QC like the Montana's had?

what is considered "accurate" for a 375 H&H?

The gun in question is "like new" never seen the woods. the guy lived here in the USCG and before he could go hunting they shipped him to VA. he has agreed to sell for $1200 with dies, rings, and miscellaneous reloading equipment i.e. powder brass and bullets.

so... what do you think? Am I crazy for not jumping all over this already?

Quote Originally Posted by ducks n' dogs View Post
    Well balanced and a pleasure to shoot for a 375 not clunky at all.

Do they shoot well?
    Seems to shoot good to me but I'm no range expert. I point at the moose and if it falls down when I pull the trigger then the gun shoots good to me.

[Any problems with QC like the Montana's had?[/FONT]
    Search some of my old posts about the Talkeetna. Long story short I had some issues but they have been fixed and I know love this rifle. My issue did force Kimber to redesign some parts.

It was not an issue with all the Talkeetnas but now all of them are produced with the new design.

If you have access to the gun then run some rounds through it and be sure it feeds smooth.

Just some honest info for you...If I were you I would buy it, but you asked for feedback.

Contact me if you need more info after reading my old posts.

Good luck.

Heck no I wouldn't buy it. I'd let me buy it. Been wanting a Kimber Talkeetna for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Heck no I wouldn't buy it. I'd let me buy it. Been wanting a Kimber Talkeetna for a while now.
    Co-op? You use my Talkeetna in trade for your 84M on select hunts?

Just joking, but I do want one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by northriver21 View Post
    Co-op? You use my Talkeetna in trade for your 84M on select hunts?

Just joking, but I do want one soon.
    HAHA....now there is idea. Especially since you take your sharp shooting son along anyways so I know my Montana would never even get the chance to bark when he is around with his model 7 ready to rock.

5 shots touching at 100 yards

My Talkeetna has been very accurate right out of the box. Many tight cloverleafs at 100 yards and 1 1/2" groups at 200 yards. The kevlar stock is a great design and mitigates recoil really well. The front and rear sights both adjust and are rugged. My AK guide also had one with 4 inches cut off the barrel so he only relies on a scope. He also thought very highly of the rifle. Considering the latest MSRP is $2195, $1200 plus extras is a great price.

Found what I think is a good deal on one. but don't know much about em' so this is the beginning of my research.

Do they shoot well?

Any problems with QC like the Montana's had?

The gun in question is "like new" never seen the woods. the guy lived here in the USCG and before he could go hunting they shipped him to VA. he has agreed to sell for $1200 with dies, rings, and miscellaneous reloading equipment i.e. powder brass and bullets.

so... what do you think? Am I crazy for not jumping all over this already?
    If you don't jump on it let me know as I have been looking for a steal like that for some time! Love my Montana and like the way the Talkeetna feels in my hands.

Run forrest, run!

Seriously do a search about kimber quality control on several boards first.

Great rifle and a great price. That said......ask for a trial period. Ask for a 3-5 day trial period to shoot it. If it doesn't shoot well ship it back. 1.25" 100 yard group or less is adiquite. You don't need .25" groups for anything that requires a .375.

Brett

Mine is very accurate....1" area with 270gr TSX.....
    As you said, the stock design is great....no feeding issues at all for me.
    As with most long barreled rifles, it will feel a bit muzzle heavy.
    That's a great buy.

The assistant guide also had a Talkeetna but it was cut back just behind the front sight assembly. Made for a more handy care in the bush.

Hey ducks n' dogs! I think I may have purchased the kimber talkeetna rifle that you posted a question about some time ago! I live in VA and a local dealer that travels the gunshow circuit bought a nearly new talkeetna in January 20011. Previous owner had lived in Alaska and was in military and was shipped to VA before he ever hunted with it!!!! Sound familiar??? Just wondering if you had any more info on rifle that might confirm if it is same one. If so, it sounds like this beauty has an interesting history and has traveled around a bit! Just curious for the fun of it!!! THANKS!