Thread: Fairbanks Management area hunt

Smile Fairbanks Management area hunt

I received a FMA antler less permit this year and am looking for some info on land status. I have not had that much luck with the various agencies and am looking for fellow bowhunter support. I live a few hours south of Fairbanks and am not familiar with the area. I would like to find some public or state land to look for some winter meat in the the next few weeks.

The FMA isnt that huge of an area. Most of it is within the city or very developed areas. Your best bet would be to get a military pass to hunt on Eielson AFB or even FT. Wainwright. But for an antler less permit I see cows daily just about so your best bet is just to drive around up here until you see something. Even along the Dyke road along the river there are cows down in there. Most I have seen are accompanied by calves tho.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    The FMA isnt that huge of an area. Most of it is within the city or very developed areas. Your best bet would be to get a military pass to hunt on Eielson AFB or even FT. Wainwright. But for an antler less permit I see cows daily just about so your best bet is just to drive around up here until you see something. Even along the Dyke road along the river there are cows down in there. Most I have seen are accompanied by calves tho.

and the FMA tag is one of the few... the calf or the cow can be taken..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    Eielson isn't in the FMA.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

There are quite a few moose along farmers loop rd. and out Ballaine rd. towards the Valotta restaurant. Saw a calf get hit by a car on farmers loop a few weeks ago. I also had an FMA antlerless tag and have filled it via one of these locations.

Here is a link to the FNSB GIS website with info on land ownership for the entire borough:
    http://gis.co.fairbanks.ak.us/

Havent seen many moose around even at work they seem to have disappeared but hopefully will see some in a few weeks when the late season opens.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by wiso_67 View Post
    Havent seen many moose around even at work they seem to have disappeared but hopefully will see some in a few weeks when the late season opens.
    oh tell me about it.. havent seen one in town since i went with you... now we got snow i need to get on that tag pronto...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here