Thread: Nonresident/guided question

Default Nonresident/guided question

I'm having trouble getting a strait answer from F/G and even an outfitter I use. Is a registered guide required to sit with me all night at a bait if I'm hunting over 1 of his ten baits and I have signed contract and paying him money? Seems simple but I think the verbage has some people second quessing.

Thanks
    T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyt View Post
    I'm having trouble getting a strait answer from F/G and even an outfitter I use. Is a registered guide required to sit with me all night at a bait if I'm hunting over 1 of his ten baits and I have signed contract and paying him money? Seems simple but I think the verbage has some people second quessing.

Thanks
    T.O.
    From my understanding of the regs I would say -No, you don't have to be sat with in a black bear bait stand by your outfitter. Just my .02 cents worth.

I can see the confusion and I just want to add the counter-point. Only the person named on the bait permit may hunt the station; but I believe you can have more than one person named on a permit. So that is may be why the guide needs to be there with you. Of course the troopers are the ones to verify with; they enforce the laws. I am not sure how the "guiding" aspect fits in to this situation.