Thread: party boats

Default party boats

having problems finding alaskan party boats on google. anyone have any names or web addys?
    anywhere in alaska

I don't know if there are any.
    Most of the charter boats I have seen in Alaska are 6 pack boats that handle up to 6 clients.
    I really haven't seen any of the large group (party) charter boats like those seen in your area.

There are not party boats that take out big loads of people up here. Some fishing boats will fish up to 20 or so at a time. Anymore than that and it is too bad with tangles. The rates are largely the same if boats here take out 4 or 24. Smaller boats are a little faster and fish less people. Bigger boats fish more people but offer a smoother ride and sometimes more comfort.
    Good luck, you will catch fish anywhere you fish up here, if the weather will let you get out into the ocean.

Hmmm. What exactly do you mean by "party boat?" I've always considered boats that take around 12 or more people "party boats" and they abound in both Seward and Homer. Try doing a Google search for "homer (or seward) halibut fishing" and you'll come up with plenty.

There are quite a few boats here in Homer that take "a bunch" of people out for a few hours to a "chicken hole" at cut rates ($99 for a "half day"), but you aren't going to get the same experience you'll get with a smaller charter business and it really won't cost you that much less.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Muttley
    Party Boats are usually 50 to 80 foot boats, they have lounges and the ones I used to see ran 30 + guests on the west coast. Most of them now run whale watching since they made Monterey Bay a marine sanctuary
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJim View Post
    having problems finding alaskan party boats on google. anyone have any names or web addys?
    anywhere in alaska
    Hi Jim,
    Hey this ain't Belmar, Pt Pleasant or the Highlands LOL. I fished out of Shark River for a lot of years. PM me when you get some time and we can talk about some good sub & cheese steak places back in NJ.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Thx for everyones help

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    Hi Jim,
    Hey this ain't Belmar, Pt Pleasant or the Highlands LOL. I fished out of Shark River for a lot of years. PM me when you get some time and we can talk about some good sub & cheese steak places back in NJ.
    Man there are some big ones back there, I think the Jamaca is still fishing over there for bluefish etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    Muttley
    Party Boats are usually 50 to 80 foot boats, they have lounges and the ones I used to see ran 30 + guests on the west coast. Most of them now run whale watching since they made Monterey Bay a marine sanctuary
    That's why I asked him what he was meaning by "party boat". Your interpretation of it depends on your viewpoint. Like I said I consider a "party boat" (at least here in Alaska) to be any boat that takes anything in the area of a dozen or more people.

Quote Originally Posted by AKCAPT View Post
    Man there are some big ones back there, I think the Jamaca is still fishing over there for bluefish etc..
    The Bogan's own a fleet of party boats & they also own a small clam boat to dredge for bait clams. Take a look at the Noreast.com website and it will scare you with all the boats over on that side of the world.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

what i was basically looking for was a boat that me and my oldest could just walk on a couple times a week while the wife does her thing. im not really worried about catching a monster halibut. just one for the table and have fun is all.

That's kind of what I figured you meant which is exactly what I was saying. Do a search for "homer halibut fishing" and you should come up with a few at least if you dig through the results. Try Rainbow Tours and maybe Alaska Coastal Marine. They have "half day" charters for something in the area of $100 per person. But that's the cheapest you're going to find. They throw a BUNCH of people on a big boat, take you out to a chicken hole, fish for a couple of hours and then bring you back in. You might catch some decent fish and you might not.

I may be a bit biased because I'm in the business, but IMHO you're going to get a much better experience booking one full day charter with a good reputable smaller boat and put in a whole day of quality fishing than you will in a couple of days of "party boat" fishing. You'll pay twice as much, but I think you'll get more than twice the amount of fun out of it and probably 4 times the amount of fish.

thx.......sent you an email....let me know either way how things go.

I'm not in the business but I see a lot of folks going out and returning to the harbor, on both types and gotta say,

Muttley's really right on that choice he mentions there,

stick with the smaller quality operation, skip the party boat madness
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !