Thread: GPS lost on Naked Island

Default GPS lost on Naked Island

Went hunting on Naked Island this September. (Didn't get one) But I did drop my yellow Garmin Etrex Venture HC after spotting a group of deer in the next valley over.

We backtracked over and over and never found it. If someone has found it or sees it I'll buy them a beer (or six or twelve!) When turned on, my last name "Stauffacher" shows on the first screen.

This may be a waste of time, but from the flagging through the woods we're not the only ones who have been there before.

Thanks

that sucks! Sad to say I've been there done that...got the t-shirt and the certificate. I was lucky and found mine. It only took about 7 miles worth of backtracking all over about 3/4 mile of terrain that I knew I lost it in. NOT FUN. Luckily I knew the last time I'd looked at it so only had that 3/4 mile area to search instead of the 5 mile hike I'd been on! Turned out to be quite the tracking exercise as I tried to follow my backtrail in an area I'd walked different routes in for a couple days in an effort to narrow the search grid. Good luck, hope you get it back.

I dropped my Rino 560 2 years ago somewhere between Wasilla Lake boat launch and the Glenn. Never found it but someone did, and yup when you turn it on it had my name and phone number displayed. I guess it was easier for them to change it rather than dial the number.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

I know how you can find it- just use the backtrack function on . . .oh, wait. Never mind. Good luck- at least the unit isn't camo color.

At least now the deer on Naked Is. will know where they are!
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett