Thread: Bear video on the upper Kenai

Default Bear video on the upper Kenai

I been trying to research as much as I can for my future trip to Alaska and came across this video. I'm not sure if its a Grizzly or Brown bear but I am just amazed by how some people have no common sence what so ever .

http://www.upperkenairiverinn.com/b15_video.html

Brown, grizzly, same bear. Could you explain what you mena about the common sense? I'm assuming your comment has to do with how close the psaople ar eto the bears.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Yea , how close they are is what I meant.

At first glance that looked like the gravel bar across from the cottonwood hole on the Russian River, but after watching the rest of the video. that's a little high water for that spot. Basically, you are right. Those folks are not respecting the Brownies space on the water. After all, that's what fishing the rivers is all about. It's their water and they just let us fish there. If I was there, I'd have dragged the old dude in the waders by his ear and told him to give the bears some respectable space. It might save is life the next time he feels so bold. Don't get me wrong. Bears are a wonderful spectacle and an awesome thing to see in person, but this all boils down to respect of the resource. If this bear or the others in this video attacked or mauled any of the fishermen, it would not have been the bear's fault in my opinion. Stupid is as stupid does and you can't treat animals that are above you in the food chain as cute fuzzy lil critters.

Ok, I"m off of my soap box now. I hope you understand my position on this.